This forum will be used as a read-only archive for older WTN posts and other archival material from The Wine Forum.
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

WTN: 2002 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Chardonnay

by David M. Bueker » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Tasted while on my latest trip to Long Beach, CA. I had been interested in trying an Arcadian wine (even if Joe Davis acted like a loony on Grape Radio), so I was looking forward to this wine. I expected something not too Californian, but it really did taste like Cal Chard, and with a very healthy dose of oak. Pear and pineapple flavors were dominated by the oak, and I did not find anything to differentiate this wine from most of the rest of what is coming out of California these days. I much prefer the unoaked style, like the Melville Inox.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
no avatar
User

Dick Bueker

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:19 pm

Harrisonburg, VA

Re: TN: 2002 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Chardonnay

by Dick Bueker » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Sounds like one for the lobster on Friday. I'd like to compare it to the Ramey Hyde Vneyard.
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: TN: 2002 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Chardonnay

by David M. Bueker » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:45 pm

We could do that if I had any bottles. I tried it out west. You'll have to settle for St. Innocent (or White Burgundy...).
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.