Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

TNR - 2 wines

no avatar
User

Michael P

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:23 pm

TNR - 2 wines

by Michael P » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:46 pm

1996 Edmund Rothschild Haut Medoc Kosher
1999 Barons De Rothschild (lafite) Kosher Haut Medoc

Thanks!
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: TNR - 2 wines

by Daniel Rogov » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Michael, Hi....

Following are my tasting notes for the wines in question.

Best
Rogov

Baron Edmond de Rothschild, Haut Medoc (Kosher Edition), 1996: Dark garnet towards royal purple in color, medium- to full-bodied, with chunky, country-style tannins and showing only stingy currant, berry and plum notes. Drink now. Score 84. and under those rather stingy currant and plum fruits. Lacking overall balance and not for long term cellaring. Drink now-2003. Score 85. K (Tasted 22 Aug 2000)

Barons Edmond et Benjamin de Rothschild, Haut Medoc, 1999 (Kosher Edition): Deep ruby towards garnet, medium-bodied, with soft tannins now integrated nicely and showing generous smoky oak over ripe blackberry, currant and black cherry fruits. A moderately long, lightly earthy finish. Drink now-2006. Score 86. K (Re-tasted 8 May 2004)
no avatar
User

Michael P

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:23 pm

by Michael P » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks Rogov.

Can I get one more? 2001 Hagafen CS?
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:44 am

Michael, Hi...

Better yet, my last two tasting notes for the wine follow, those hopefully giving a picture of how I see the wine developing

Best
Rogov

Hagafen, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2001: A blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc, aged in oak for 19 months, this dark garnet towards royal purple, full-bodied and concentrate red shows excellent balance between wood, tannins and fruit. On the nose and palate a complex array of cassis, black cherry and berry fruits, those matched well by generous but not overdone smoky oak and mint. On the long finish a welcome hint of licorice. One of the best ever from Hagafen. Drinking very nicely now-2007, perhaps longer. Score 91.K (Tasted 29 Dec 2004)

Hagafen, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2001: Oak-aged for 19 months with 10% of Cabernet Franc blended in and now fully mature. Showing as full-bodied and concentrated as in its youth and still showing generous cassis and berry fruits but those now taking on first hints of toffee and herbal aromas and flavors. Drinking well but not for further cellaring. Drink now. Score89. K (Re-tasted 19 Aug 2007)