Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Matt Walter

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 am

TNR: Some French and a Portuguese

by Matt Walter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi Daniel!

Any tasting notes on the kosher versions of:

Chateau Tertre Daugay Gran Cru '00
Chateau La Mouline (any vintage)
Chateau Fonbadet Pauillac '00
Chateau Rollan De By '01
Casa da Corca -Douro '05

Thanks!
Matt
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: TNR: Some French and a Portuguese

by Daniel Rogov » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 am

Matt, Hi....

Following are my most recent tasting notes for all but one of the wines on your list. With Chateau Mouline, I have had bad luck, for three years the bottles I have found being corked so I could not taste them.

Best
Rogov

Chateau Tertre Dauguy, St.-Emilion, 2000 (Kosher Edition): Deep garnet towards purple, with still firm tannins and spicy wood that seen not to want to yield and somewhat hiding the berry and currant fruits here. A strong overlay of tobacco and earthy-mineral aromas that will not be to everyone's taste. Drink now-2009. Score 86. (Re-tasted 19 May 2005)

Chateau Fonbadet, Pauillac, 2000: Medium-dark garnet, medium-bodied, with firm tannins and smoky wood seeming not to want to integrate and somewhat holding back the berry, plum and currant fruits here. Turing too herbal on the finish. Drink now. Score 78. K (Re-tasted 30 Sep 2006)

Chateau Rollan de By, Medoc, 2001 (Kosher Edition): An invariably under-rated cru bourgeois producer and thus often a good buy. Medium-bodied, with chunky, country-style tannins, those integrating nicely with light toasty oak and generous berry, black chery and plum fruits. Not complex but a fine match to food. Drink now-2009. Score 87. K (Tasted 2 Apr 2004).

Casa da Corca, Douro, Portugal, 2005: Garnet towards royual purple, medium-bodied, reflecting its 10 months in barriques with gently spicy wood and soft, well integrated tannins. A blend of Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Franca, showing blackberry, currant and licorice notes, those yielding on the finish to hints of espresso coffee. Generous and mouth-filling. Drink now-2010. Score 88. K (Tasted l8 Mar 2007)
no avatar
User

Matt Walter

Rank

Ultra geek

by Matt Walter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Thanks Daniel!

The Casa de Corca looks interesting.

Matt
User

Menach N

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 am

New York

by Menach N » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:38 pm

Matt hi
When you taste the Casa de Corca pls if you dont mind posting your impressions, i remember back in february at the Royal tasting, i had some ..interesting.. impressions like like a flavors of cholent and strong cherry strawberrie, and could have been just palate fatigue, anyway im curious,
Please and Thank you
Best regards
menach

Gary J , you remember ??
no avatar
User

Matt Walter

Rank

Ultra geek

by Matt Walter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi Menach!

I don't know when I'll buy or taste the Casa da Corca, but I will certainly let the group know my impressions when I do!

Matt
User

Menach N

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 am

New York

by Menach N » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 am

no problem Matt
anytime is just the right time :wink:
regards