Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

Menach N

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 am

New York

WTN request - Yarden Merlot 1999

by Menach N » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:53 am

Please and Thank you ! :D
best..
Menach
no avatar
User

Stephen W

Rank

Wine geek

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 am

Re: WTN request - Yarden Merlot 1999

by Stephen W » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 am

Dg
while you are on GHW is there any chance that a CS Yarden 1975 would be drinkable?
If there is a collector I will part with it...what offers?Typo error it should have been 1995 and it is Steve not Menach :D
Last edited by Stephen W on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 am

Menach, Hi....

The last time I tasted this wine was two years ago and it was in a "drink up" condition at that point. Despite which, worth opening and trying but be sure to have a standby bottle at hand. That tasting note follows.

Best
Rogov

Yarden, Merlot, 1999: Silky smooth tannins, and upfront fruit aromas and flavors of wild berries and currants, along with generous hints of vanilla and spices make this medium to full-bodied wine smooth and tempting. Drink up. Score 88. K (Tasted 9 Jun 2006)
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 am

Steve, Hi....

Menach (see his request and my tasting note above) is hoping for "the best". What you are hoping for is an out-and-out miracle, especially considering that the Golan Heights Winery did not release its first wine until 1983. Perhaps a typographical error?

Best
Rogov
no avatar
User

Eli R

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Rehovot, Israel

by Eli R » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Daniel Rogov wrote:Menach, Hi....

The last time I tasted this wine was two years ago and it was in a "drink up" condition at that point. Despite which, worth opening and trying but be sure to have a standby bottle at hand. That tasting note follows.

I have tested this wine in a blind tasting less than a year ago.
Although in the Autumn of its life, it was still drinkable and enjoyable.
Our bottle was brought straight from the winery, hope yours is in the same condition.

Eli
User

Gary J

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:38 am

NYC

by Gary J » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Tasted this wine recently and it is still very much alive. LOADS of sediment and a SLIGHT off smell at first, but that blows off. Once the off smell blows off it displays aged characteristics such as leather, tar & dried prunes. Very soft.

Enjoy!
Wine Tasting Guy
http://winetastingguy.com/
User

Menach N

Rank

Ultra geek

New York

by Menach N » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Thank you Rogov for the note, hope to have this wine in the very near future

Eli R wrote:
Daniel Rogov wrote:Menach, Hi....

I have tested this wine in a blind tasting less than a year ago.
Although in the Autumn of its life, it was still drinkable and enjoyable.
Our bottle was brought straight from the winery, hope yours is in the same condition.

Eli

Eli Hi
Thank you, unfortunatly its not from the winery and i doubt it had a good storage, i think it just had some "wine shop" storage :roll: im still very curious, and looking fwd to the wine
Ciao

Gary J wrote:Tasted this wine recently and it is still very much alive. LOADS of sediment and a SLIGHT off smell at first, but that blows off. Once the off smell blows off it displays aged characteristics such as leather, tar & dried prunes. Very soft.

Enjoy!

Thanks

Regards
menach
User

Menach N

Rank

Ultra geek

New York

by Menach N » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:58 am

Had this wine this past friday night, very much enjoyed !! a nice medium body very round and smooth, a corck that was nearly perfect which was a very exiting sign for m ;) , at the begining aromas of plums and some choclate then to bit of spices, leather and wood. didnt show much age in its aromas (in the first 2-3hrs) but definitly a "tired wine" still with charm but twards the finish with time its started "falling asleep" nontheless very enjoyable :thumbsup:
Happy !! 8)
Best regards
Meanch