The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN - 2004 Saint-Cosme Côtes du Rhône Blanc

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

WTN - 2004 Saint-Cosme Côtes du Rhône Blanc

by John S » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:25 am

• 2004 Saint-Cosme Côtes du Rhône Blanc - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône (7/14/2006)
    Very pale golden yellow in color; the nose is a light mix of citrus and tropical fruits with green herbs and a hint of vasoline. Medium bodied on the slightly oily palate, with again a melange of citrus and (mainly) tropical fruits (no one fruit stands out) and a hit of alcohol at the end, although this dissapated a bit on the second day. The bottle claims 13.5%, but I suspect that's a conservative estimate. But certainly not OTT, a tad heavy as many Rhone whites can be, but certainly good quality for a Cotes du Rhone blanc. Drink over the next 2 years, I would think. (B+)
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN - 2004 Saint-Cosme Côtes du Rhône Blanc

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:24 am

Down here in Calgary for the Stampede and had to check the forum before it gets too wild here in Billy Bobs. Just love those Rhone whites, thanks for posting.

BTW John, have you checked out any of the Lake Breeze wines? The Semillon is amazing......oh and how about Blue Mtn?
no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

Re: WTN - 2004 Saint-Cosme Côtes du Rhône Blanc

by John S » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:40 am

Howdy partner - Give a 'yeehaw' at the stampede for me!

Haven't tried any Lake Breeze wines yet, but have tried several Burrowing Owl. Like most cult BC wineries, I've had some very pleasant experiences, but more 'eh' experiences. Their sparkling can be nice, as can their pinots gris and noir. You have to be pretty quick to get some around here - they don't make all that much wine, and they sell out pretty quickly. Not much available at retail here at all - mainly mailing list availability.