The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Muscadet and another Bojo 2004

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Muscadet and another Bojo 2004

by Saina » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:55 pm

An Aussie Shiraz loving friend (poor girl!) came over for dinner tonight. Like always, I'm a nasty bloke and didn't pay heed to my guest's preferences. But I did make a convert to the worthy cause of Muscadets and Bojos! She liked both wines very much:

• 2005 Chéreau-Carré Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Château de Chasseloir - France, Loire Valley, Pays Nantais, Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine (7/1/2006)
    Tastes like Muscadet. Yum.
  • 2004 Bouchard Père et Fils Morgon - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (7/1/2006)
    Still a touch purple. The nose is savoury and earthy and mineral but has sweet raspberry also. The palate is still rather tannic, but the fruit is sweet, it is pleasantly earthy and nicely acidic and a touch bitter - but the bitterness is the nice, refreshing type. Very nice!

Posted from CellarTracker
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Muscadet and another Bojo 2004

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:03 pm

Great, the Chasseloir is next on my list. The `04 vintage but I am going to buy some more `03 Cuvee des Ceps!!
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:12 pm

Thanks, the Bouchard is on mine.
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:03 am

Bob, you should try the 03 and 04 Ceps side by side. See if you like the 03 any more then... ;)
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:03 am

Yeah, good point Otto. I believe the `04 Pepiere is on the shelves this week here.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:28 am

Still no sign of that Pepiere so went out tonight and purchased the `04 Chasseloir (regular). Think Sunday night might be a good time for a Muscadet........yeah, I know anytime is good!!

BTW there is still some `03 Cuvee de Ceps on the shelf.
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:14 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Still no sign of that Pepiere so went out tonight and purchased the `04 Chasseloir (regular). Think Sunday night might be a good time for a Muscadet........yeah, I know anytime is good!!

BTW there is still some `03 Cuvee de Ceps on the shelf.

Let me know about the 04! I quite liked it when it was available in a restaurant here. Do you see the oak aged cuvée from Chéreau-Carré there? I hear from people whose tastes I usually agree with that it is very good and the oak isn't noticable, but I am sceptical. I'd love to hear more opinions...
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:16 pm

OK, Otto, taking a look here at the `04 Chereau-Carre. The label reads "Muscadet Chateau l`Oiseliniere de la Ramee" No mention anywhere of Chasseloir! Produced by Chereau-Carre naturally. This has to be a different muscadet from the one you mentioned?
Anyone else wanna help out here?!!
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:26 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:OK, Otto, taking a look here at the `04 Chereau-Carre. The label reads "Muscadet Chateau l`Oiseliniere de la Ramee" No mention anywhere of Chasseloir! Produced by Chereau-Carre naturally. This has to be a different muscadet from the one you mentioned?
Anyone else wanna help out here?!!

Yes it's different. I think they've got Ch de Chasseloir, Ch l'Oiseliniere de la Ramee, Ch de la Chesnaie and Dom de Bois Bruley all of which make Muscadet the Severe and Mean. I tasted through the lot of them (except for the oaked version of Chasseloir) at one trade tasting, and thought all were fine, but it was the unoaked Chasseloir Ceps Centenaires which made the best impression on me. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this! Do post a note on how it is.