The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Château de Puligny-Montrachet Rosé de Pinot Noir, 2005.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: Château de Puligny-Montrachet Rosé de Pinot Noir, 2005.

by Bob Ross » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:44 am

WTN: Château de Puligny-Montrachet Rosé de Pinot Noir, 2005. Beekman, $16.99.

Light red color, light hute, wonderful floral, cherry and rasberry aromas and taste, light mouth feel, pleasant acidity, great finish. Refreshing and although I don't really know what the word means in the wine world, I kept thinking how elegant this wine was. Matched beautifully with cucumber/yogurt/raising/dill soup and rare tuna with steamed French beans. 4*.

Notes: Etienne de Montille, the winemaker in the Côte de Beaune, blended 50% upper hillside grapes (for minerality and finesse) near Monthelie with 50% grapes grown on the flats of Volnay (for richness and depth) where the clay soil is deep. The vineyards are farmed organically. Great first impression of the 2005 Burgundy vintage.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: WTN: Château de Puligny-Montrachet Rosé de Pinot Noir, 2005.

by James Roscoe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:31 am

A rose from Burgundy? My mouth is now watering. What is the pertinent importer info and is it available in the US outside of the NY area?
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:59 am

Sorry James, I gave the bottle to a friend who wanted to find more of it. The only online sources I see on Wine Searcher Pro are on the west coast, and in particular K&L which has it in stock and gave it a glowing review.

I'll send an email to Joel at Beekman and ask who the importer is; will revert if he replies, which I expect he will.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:34 pm

James, here is Joel's [as usual] prompt reply:

Hi Bob,

Glad you enjoyed it. I think it's a terrific wine - very refined! I have plenty for you. I get it from Martin Scott Wines, but I don't think they distribute to the DC area. The importer is Beaune Imports in Berkeley, CA. They probably have other distributors around the country.

I'll be in the store after 1 pm Friday. Hope to see you then.

Gosh it's nice to have a good working relationship with a knowledgeable wine merchant. Makes me feel quite the gentleman, it does. :-)

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Bob,
thanks for going the extra mile. I was hoping they might distribute down here. I will ask my guys who work at the wine store in Laurel, MD. They do a pretty nice job for me too.
Cheers!
James