The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Hurricane Katrina charity update - when Alan Bree comes a knocking on my doo

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

Hurricane Katrina charity update - when Alan Bree comes a knocking on my doo

by John Tomasso » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm

So I'm sitting at my computer today, totally engrossed in work, when the doorbell rings.

I go to the door, at which is standing someone whom I've never seen before, but he's holding a bottle of wine. What the f___?, I think to myself, as I ask, "Can I help you?"

"John Tomasso?" the stranger asks.

"yeah"

He thrusts out his hand, and replies, "Alan Bree and my three sisters."

Some of you might remember that I was one of the lucky winners when some generous WLDG members donated bottles of wine from their cellars as raffle prizes for donors to the Katrina relief funds. Alan had contacted me after I was selected, and rather than ship a lone bottle, we both agreed that someday, whenever our paths crossed, he'd get me my bottle.

So a while back he emailed me and told me he was going to be in the area and that he would contact me, but I've had a lot going on and quite frankly, had forgotten all about it.

He found me in the phone book! I didn't even know they HAD phone books, anymore.

Anyway, a big thank you to Alan, not only for his generous donation of the 2001 Marcassin Chardonnay - Three Sisters Vnyd, but also for going out of his way to find me and bring me the bottle.

If you're reading this, sorry I wasn't a little quicker, but you really caught me by surprise. I should've opened SOMETHING....but it looked like you had someone waiting for you.

Please do call me though, and we can have a proper lunch. I always drink at lunch. What about you?

JT