Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Cheese Highway

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

KerryMc

Rank

Just got here

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:57 am

Cheese Highway

by KerryMc » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:30 am

I apologize if this seems completely idiotic to any or all of you, but my dad was telling me about a 'Cheese Highway' he heard about on the radio the other night. Apparently it has something to do with positioning cheese on one's tongue so that the wine can run down between the slices, thus creating a cheese highway. Anyone know anything about this?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Cheese Highway

by Jenise » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:38 pm

No idea, Kerry, and clearly no one else has one either as they haven't been able to answer your post any more than I. A quick google turned up nothing but this amusing little existentialist conversation which has nothing to do with what you were talking about but I'm just perverse enough to post it anyway:

Wmaebe1 Sep 10, 2003 02:01

Yup, fell into some swiss cheese with really big holes and couldn't get out :-)
pollyanna

D spammenot Sep 10, 2003 07:25

Yummmmmm, was it from Swiss Colony?
D

Veronika veronikalin Sep 10, 2003 10:08

Wow .. you're so lucky ! Cheese .. miamm one of the few pleasures in
life. What life would be without cheese ? One time I feel into swiss cheese but (of course!) I ate my way through. I wanted to get back in the cheese but there was nothing left. Why didn't you call for me ? I would gladly have built you a "swiss cheese highway"!

D spammenot Sep 10, 2003 10:42

Will you build ME a "swiss cheese highway"? Oh
pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseee??
Preferably, Baby Swiss :-)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov