The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 2000 Maison Albert Bichot Pommard 1er Cru "Clos Micault"

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

TN: 2000 Maison Albert Bichot Pommard 1er Cru "Clos Micault"

by Saina » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm

I made a big pot of Boeuf Bourguignon for the first time in ages. I was intending to drink some Bojo I had ordered with it, but they hadn't yet arrived in the shop, but I bought this Bichot on the recommendation of the staff. I had always thought Bichot was not a great producer, but this was actually a very enjoyable wine - I am glad I listened to the recco. The downside is, as with most wines here, the price: at 34,50€ this is hardly a good value. Up to 25€ I would say this would be lovely!

• 2000 Maison Albert Bichot Pommard 1er Cru "Clos Micault" - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Pommard (7/31/2006) 13% 34,50€
    Fairly dark for the grape. The nose is actually quite lovely: there is the typical beet-root + stewed roots + vegetation of the grape, and a pleasant mix of sweet strawberry, earthiness and minerality that I tend to associate with Pommard well in evidence. A hint of oak is perceptible but nothing that would be intrusive. The palate is quite fine also with lovely fruit, a bit of tannin, and fine acidity on the aftertaste but on the mid-palate it is a bit tart - but this has the vital freshness I seek for in Burgundy. And here I thought Bichot was a rather low-quality producer...

Posted from CellarTracker