The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Avignonesi Sauvignon Bianco 04

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Paulo

Rank

Just got here

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:35 pm

Philadelphia

WTN: Avignonesi Sauvignon Bianco 04

by Paulo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:51 am

Hello, all! I am presently flying over the Atlantic on my way back to Philadephia after 3 weeks in Italy. Our program went extremely well, though very exhausting for those of us organizing. The last 4 days I escaped to Montepulciano and Pienza in Southern Tuscany. Yesterday I had a very delicious, refreshing, minerally, tangy, pale yellow-faint gold Sauvignon Bianco from Avigonesi, grapes grown in Cortona - quite delicious. I have many pictures to put together as soon as I get back, reporting from our Umbrian program and the Vino Nobiles (Boscarelli, Avignonesi, Dei, poliziano, Sanguineto and more) I have tasted. Hope you are all well!

4 more hours till we land in Philly. I am officially in jetlag hell!

Paulo
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Avignonesi Sauvignon Bianco 04

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:21 pm

We are all looking forward to stories/pics/tasting notes/restaurant recs.
Did you meet Pavorotti?!!
no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

by John S » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:49 pm

I think Avignonesi used to have an estate SB: I remember trying it several years ago at the winery, and they mentioned the vines were being ripped out. No doubt you can make more money from sangiovese, cabernet or merlot in the Montepulciano area!

But it's nice to see they are still making a SB: their 'old' version was very good, even with a few years on it.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:10 pm

Paulo, congratulations on getting it all done. I'll bet you loved every minute of it. Look forward to the pictures!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov