The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 3:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

WTN: Shiraz blend from Lammershoek

by Tim York » Fri May 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Lammershoek "Roulette" 2005- Alc. 14.5% - (€13,50) - from Swartland made from Shiraz with Carignan, Grenaché (sic), Mourvedre (sic) and Viognier. http://www.lammershoek.co.za/

C: Deep/medium purplish/ruby.
N: Unmistakeably New World (Oz if blind) with confected boiled sweet, spicy, musky and slightly minty aromas.
P: Full and rich with good depth, sweet fruit, complexity, good mouth-fill and soft tannic structure. For me, the scented aromas obtrude; there is certainly a persistent after-taste but one of rather coarse perfume. It reminds me of the potentially delightful young girls whom I used to meet in my early 20s who spoilt the effect by seemingly having poured a perfume pot over themselves. Is this another case where I have committed infanticide? 15/20+ right now.
Tim York
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: WTN: Shiraz blend from Lammershoek

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat May 30, 2009 1:16 pm

It reminds me of the potentially delightful young girls whom I used to meet in my early 20s who spoilt the effect by seemingly having poured a perfume pot over themselves.

We still have them over here Tim!!