The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

michael dietrich

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed May 10, 2006 6:09 pm

West Linn, Oregon

Casa Santos Lima 2007 Fernao Pires

by michael dietrich » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

This is certainly BBQ wine but more for as you are cooking. This is a producer out of Portugal that has some great value. This white is very fresh but has some nice body and depth. Citrus on the palate with good acidity and nice mouth feel like some of the white Rhones like marsanne. This is very nice and refreshing to sip on as I smoke 26# of pork butt and 10 # of chicken for our wine steward meeting tomorrow afternoon. The pork will translate to pulled pork for sandwiches. Another choice as you cook would be beer. And since I live here in Oregon we have many options. I will be writing up reds later as I see what stands out from our meeting.
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Casa Santos Lima 2007 Fernao Pires

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:41 am

Great, Portugal...you can`t go wrong!
no avatar
User

Lior Yogev

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:13 pm

A green Israeli campus

Re: Casa Santos Lima 2007 Fernao Pires

by Lior Yogev » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:13 am

Sounds nice. From the same winery I think the Arinto with its nice acidity and minerality will go great with light meat (chicken, turkey) not overly spiced. Their entry-level Portuga Branco and the Portuga Rose are also nice and simple everyday wines which will compliment wings and other light BBQ dishes.