The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

More notes

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Florida Jim

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:27 pm

St. Pete., FL & Sonoma, CA

More notes

by Florida Jim » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:31 am

2002 Luneau-Papin, Muscadet Clos des Allées:
Has become a richer, fuller wine since release yet still has plenty of cut. Very good and quite refreshing. Enjoyed at a friend’s house; he was taken with the wine and wrote down the particulars – this wine can ‘convert’ those who have it. About $7 on sale; I’d pay that and more, again.

2002 Leitz, Riesling Spätlese Rüdesheimer Berg Kaisersteinfel:
A very dry, mineral driven Spätlese with considerable depth and complexity. Certainly, too young to fully assess, but already a wonderful wine with what appears to be a long shelf-life. About $25; I’d pay that again if I could find the wine.

2002 Jacky Janodet, Chénas:
Texture of linen, spiced aromatics that carry to the youthful, bright, red fruit nose. A lightweight but not a weakling with good structure and a long, detailed finish. About $13; I’d pay that again.

2004 de Villaine, Bourgogne La Fortune:
The Beaujolais of Bourgogne (weight-wise) but with fuller flavors and a silken mouth-feel. Very easy to enjoy often. About $19; I’d pay that again.

2003 Paul Lato, Syrah Bien Nacido Vnyd.:
From the Santa Maria Valley, carries 15.1% alcohol; smells and tastes like fully ripe Crozes-Hermitage, no evident oak or heat, broad in the mouth but still bright and clean and a lovely, satin finish. A delicious wine and definitely not in the ‘cocktail’ style but with this much alcohol, I would not cellar it. Price unknown; thanks Chris.

Best, Jim
Jim Cowan
Cowan Cellars