Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Quiznos question

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Quiznos question

by Larry Greenly » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:05 am

I'm not naive enough to think advertising images actually look like the real thing, but the picture of Quiznos' new prime rib cheesesteak looks incredibly good: prime rib, melted swiss cheese, sauted onion, and >ack< mayonnaise.

I've had one Quiznos in my entire life a few years ago and don't remember much about it. So, has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Quiznos question

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 am

Larry Greenly wrote:has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?

The short answer, Larry, is that I have never darkened the door of a Quiznos. The slightly longer answer, though, is that "toasted subs" are popular - and I've had some very good ones at indie places here with a shtick similar to Quiznos. I'm not opposed to <i>good</i> corporate fast food, although Sturgeon's Law certainly applies. I'd be willing to give it a try.
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:23 pm

Haven't been to a Quiznos in years, but I seem to remember their subs being pretty decent. Not anywhere near up to the standards of a good deli, of course, but not bad for corporate food.

Mike
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Mark Willstatter

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:20 pm

Puget Sound

by Mark Willstatter » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:09 pm

Larry Greenly wrote:I'm not naive enough to think advertising images actually look like the real thing, but the picture of Quiznos' new prime rib cheesesteak looks incredibly good: prime rib, melted swiss cheese, sauted onion, and >ack< mayonnaise.

I've had one Quiznos in my entire life a few years ago and don't remember much about it. So, has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?

Quiznos' quality is definitely a cut above your usual chain fast food. Can't say I've tried that particular sandwich, though. I'm sure they'll be happy to leave off the mayo for you.
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

by ChefCarey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:26 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Larry Greenly wrote:has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?

The short answer, Larry, is that I have never darkened the door of a Quiznos. The slightly longer answer, though, is that "toasted subs" are popular - and I've had some very good ones at indie places here with a shtick similar to Quiznos. I'm not opposed to <i>good</i> corporate fast food, although Sturgeon's Law certainly applies. I'd be willing to give it a try.

Which puts me in mind of Ted's brother, Peter - do you still pony up your 52 bucks a year?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:19 am

ChefCarey wrote:Which puts me in mind of Ted's brother, Peter - do you still pony up your 52 bucks a year?

Nope! I'm so over that thing ...