The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 3:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

WTN: Vouvray Clos du Bourg from Huet

by Tim York » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:38 am

Vouvray Clos du Bourg Sec 2007 - Domaine Huet - Alc.13% -(approx. €18). Vignoble conduit en agriculture bio-dynamique DEMETER. Certifié par Ecocert. (i.e. no Demeter biodynamic certificate for the wine-making.)

I am really enjoying this month's Wine Focus. So many organic and biodynamic estates are absolutely first class and a few are represented in my cellar.

C: Pale yellow.
N: Subdued at first but developing a delicious marriage of white fruit (a lot of apple) and minerals.
P: Delicious. Beautifully focussed but mouth-filling, quite deep and long with primary white fruit well balanced by lively acidity and abundant minerals. There is just a hint of rawness on the finish which should disappear as the wine matures and complexifies. 16.5/20+++.
Tim York
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: WTN: Vouvray Clos du Bourg from Huet

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Always enjoy Huet notes anywhere I can find them! Your notes along with blogs from Jim Budd and Chris K keep us all on our toes!
Tim, I have 2 bottles of the `99 Sec. When do you think this wine might be at its peak?
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

near Lisieux, France

by Tim York » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Bob, 1999 wasn't generally a very exciting year for Loire wines with its wet autumn and some had off flavours, e.g. even in Foreau's moelleux there were iodine notes which i didn't care for. I think that the Huet sec should, however, be OK but I would open one soon. Jim or Chris would probably have a better view if you can raise them.
Tim York
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Tim - do you know when Huet officially received the Demeter certification?
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

near Lisieux, France

by Tim York » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:06 am

David M. Bueker wrote:Tim - do you know when Huet officially received the Demeter certification?

Here is what the Huet website says about it without answering your question precisely http://www.huet-echansonne.com/MaisonHu ... gueSite=EN .

I have bottles of Moelleux 1990 without a Demeter certificate and bottles of 1995 sec with.
Tim York