The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

WTN: 2008 Domaine de la Mordoree Cotes-du-Rhone

by JC (NC) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Usual price is under $20 per bottle. 14% alcohol. Winery uses sustainable agriculture. Blend of Grenache (50%), Syrah (40%), Cinsault (10%) My bottle was purchased at The Wine Merchant, Raleigh for $18.99 but some retailers have it for as little as $10.99. imported by Kysela Pere et Fils, Winchester, VA (my father's family migrated to Nebraska from Winchester, VA to homestead as did Willa Cather's family.)

Dark inky purple color. Nose suggests black and blue fruits, mixed berries. A little tight and a little tart at this stage (on the first evening.) It would probably drink better with decanting or another year in cool storage but the fruit is there--dark-skinned plums and boysenberries. Juicy quality with a hint of spice on the finish. Grenache and Syrah identifiable as part of the blend. More fruit-dominated after being opened for two days (recorked and refrigerated.) Very nice even though I had intended to buy a 2007 vintage Cotes-du-Rhone. Some sediment at the bottom of the bottle.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2008 Domaine de la Mordoree Cotes-du-Rhone

by Jenise » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Wow, the 08's already out? About three months ago I purchased a case of the 07. If you have a chance to buy some, DO. It's probably the best CdR I've ever had.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Re: WTN: 2008 Domaine de la Mordoree Cotes-du-Rhone

by JC (NC) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks, Jenise. I'll see if The Wine Merchant can obtain some 2007s for me.