The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Major Announcement - at least for those in the Metro NY Area

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

BenM

Rank

Wine geek

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:18 am

Long Island

Major Announcement - at least for those in the Metro NY Area

by BenM » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:16 pm

I am very pleased to announce that I have been offered and accepted the position of Director of Wine and Marketing for Maxwell and Dunne's Steakhouse on Long Island. I start the week of September 18.

This is an exciting and wonderful opportunity and I hope to see all of you a bit more often and I will definitely increase the number of wine related activities - that is a guarantee.

To all of my fellow wine nuts - I would love to hear your ideas, suggestions, etc. on how we can really kick this into high gear for the remainder of 2006 and beyond.

I have started to reach out to some of the manufacturers, distributors, etc. but of course any and all help would be very much appreciated. Any ideas or suggestions - please email at muzikman3161@yahoo.com

Here is the link to the restaurant so you can check out the place - http://www.mdsteakhouse.com/

Thanks in advance.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Major Announcement - at least for those in the Metro NY Area

by Bob Ross » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:53 pm

Since you are new to WLDG, Ben, how about giving us some more information about yourself?

Thanks, Bob
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

by Ian Sutton » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm

I'd echo Bob's comments, but most internet fora take a dim view of people posting advertising links to their business venture on a first post. If you're here to stay and contribute, then there's no issue with people "in the business" (ITB) being around. However most fora are paid for by advertising links, so giving free advertising to anyone who wants it is not really in the best interests of the board.

If you've already gained approval for this post from board owner Robin Garr, then I apologise. If not, perhaps it might be appropriate to remove the commercial links until Robin is in a position to make a call on them.

regards

Ian
no avatar
User

BenM

Rank

Wine geek

Long Island

by BenM » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:50 pm

I was on this forum for awhile but had some major tech issues - most likely on the firewall side, so I had to delete and come back in. Thankfully it worked.

No offense was meant at all. Just trying to let people know where I wound up. Wasn't an advert for business as much as an announcement as indicated. Many people out here are at a loss as to where they can go to have a good selection of wines [by the glass], a nice cigar and great food. As I also stated I was asking for comments from the group as a whole as to how to make one's experience more pleasurable when it comes to which wines to serve, pairings, etc.

Again, no offense was meant and apologies to anyone who may have been put off a bit by this
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

by Ian Sutton » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:11 pm

Ben
I'm sorry - I saw 1st post and an advert and my spam sensors popped up. I'd never want to put anyone off posting, so looking forward to hearing your continuing wine views and experiences.
regards
Ian
no avatar
User

BenM

Rank

Wine geek

Long Island

by BenM » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:12 am

No need to aplogize at all. I should have clarified the post. Looking forward and hopefully adding my 2 cents now and then :lol:
no avatar
User

Remo Perriello

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 pm

Bronxville,NY

by Remo Perriello » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:04 pm

Congrats!

I checked out the website. Damn... Pretty upscale!! I am not sure if I will fit in if I get my Volkswagen Golf valet parked. I just saw a picture with a Lotus!

I sent you an email with some of my contacts to Distributors. Hope they help.

And if I make the trip down from Westchester County, you better hook me up with some perks... LOL... I know offhand, Dale lives in Dobbs Ferry, maybe we'll take a ride... What you say Dale?

Or anyone else you lives close... We should make a WLDG trip!
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:25 pm

Well, when I talk about the restaurants I am connected with, I am always very careful even though I am in Canada. I just refer to them as the Grill but naturally that is only part of the groups title. Just my 2cents worth.