The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Bruno Clair Marsannay Rose 2004

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Hooper

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 am

McMinnville, OR

WTN: Bruno Clair Marsannay Rose 2004

by Bill Hooper » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:14 pm

The 2004 is still drinking wonderfully with fresh strawberry and bing cherry fruit. The aroma is of wildflowers and maybe a little citrus tang seamlessly blending into the knife blade acidity . It's balanced like an accountants checkbook, and there is noticeable tannin and more terroir than I'm accostomed to with Rose. I'm looking forward to the '05, which will be realeased later this summer. I've always been a big fan of Tavel and Bandol Rose, but after drinking this, Burgundy has moved into the Pole position. As I understand it, Bruno Clair's Grandfather invented Bourgogne Rose, and If this wine is any indication, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one. If anyone has any suggestions, drop me a line.

-Bill
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

Re: TN -Bruno Clair Marsannay Rose 2004

by James Dietz » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:14 pm

I thought the Saint-Martin 2003 Marsannay Les Champs Salomon was pretty nice.... just like their Burgundy...
Cheers, Jim
no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

Bruno Clair Marsannay Rose

by Howard » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:27 pm

I am just starting to read Remington Norman's book "The Great Domaines of Burgundy". It's been out of print for about 15 years I guess but was recommended to me as a place to start anyway. In it, he describes the Bruno Claire marsannay rose as a fabulous experience that is not to be missed. Interesting to see that this does not seem to have changed. I'm looking forward to trying it for myself. Thanks for the note

Howard
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Re: TN -Bruno Clair Marsannay Rose 2004

by JC (NC) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:58 pm

I think it was the 2002 Bruno Clair Marsannay Rose' that I purchased and enjoyed. I included it in a church fund raiser along with a Chinon Rose' as examples or rose' wines from two different grapes--the Pinot Noir and the Cabernet Franc.