The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: "Non-Dessert-Vintage Pourternes Private Reserve"

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

AaronW

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Just south of SLC

WTN: "Non-Dessert-Vintage Pourternes Private Reserve"

by AaronW » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:37 pm

Bill Spohn wrote:
OK, I am an admitted non-dessert fan. For me the perfect finish to a meal is either a wine (Port , Sauternes, late harvest something) or cheese, or preferably both.

Nonetheless, when I was reading a supposedly serious foodie mag recently, I saw a recipe with Cool Whip in it. Gag!

I eschew anything made of Spam, Rice Crispies, and any other 'convenience' food of indeterminate origin. Cool Whip must be added to that list.

For anyone who is really interested in food, eating Cool Whip and still considering yourself a 'Foodie' must be the equivalent of a Sterno drinker calling himself a wine connoisseur.

Do people who care what they put in their mouths really eat this 'processed oil food'? If so, they probably wolf down Twinkies sitting in their closets so no one will know, and eat Spam coated with Rice Crispies......Jello, tuna melt, cream cheese, Velveeta sauces....aaiiieeeeee!!!!!!

OK Bill,
Here's a wine tasting note just for you-

Tasting note for "Bill Spohn Vineyards, Late Harvest, Non-Dessert-Vintage, Pourternes Private Reserve."

Beautiful on the pour, seductive appearance and viscosity reminiscent of Velveeta processed cheese spread. On the nose, exquisite aromas of Sterno and Jello with hints of buoyant Twinkies. Notes of tuna melt, Rice Crispies and cream cheese fill the palate ending with a pleasure-ably tantalizing, lingering finish with essence of Cool Whip and Spam.
You're Welcome and,
Enjoy!!

See also KITCHEN FORUM "Food one should never eat".

P. S. Just a joke Bill, hope you just laugh too.
no avatar
User

AaronW

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Just south of SLC

Re: WTN: "Non-Dessert-Vintage Pourternes Private Reserve"

by AaronW » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:25 pm

AaronW. wrote:Bill Spohn wrote:
OK, I am an admitted non-dessert fan. For me the perfect finish to a meal is either a wine (Port , Sauternes, late harvest something) or cheese, or preferably both.

Nonetheless, when I was reading a supposedly serious foodie mag recently, I saw a recipe with Cool Whip in it. Gag!

I eschew anything made of Spam, Rice Crispies, and any other 'convenience' food of indeterminate origin. Cool Whip must be added to that list.

For anyone who is really interested in food, eating Cool Whip and still considering yourself a 'Foodie' must be the equivalent of a Sterno drinker calling himself a wine connoisseur.

Do people who care what they put in their mouths really eat this 'processed oil food'? If so, they probably wolf down Twinkies sitting in their closets so no one will know, and eat Spam coated with Rice Crispies......Jello, tuna melt, cream cheese, Velveeta sauces....aaiiieeeeee!!!!!!

OK Bill,
Here's a wine tasting note just for you-

Tasting note for "Bill Spohn Vineyards, Late Harvest, Non-Dessert-Vintage, Pourternes Private Reserve."

Beautiful on the pour, seductive appearance and viscosity reminiscent of Velveeta processed cheese spread. On the nose, exquisite aromas of Sterno and Jello with hints of buoyant Twinkies. Notes of tuna melt, Rice Crispies and cream cheese fill the palate ending with a pleasure-ably tantalizing, lingering finish with essence of Cool Whip and Spam.
You're Welcome and,
Enjoy!!

See also KITCHEN FORUM "Food one should never eat".

P. S. Just a joke Bill, hope you just laugh too.

Doesn't anyone think this is funny?