Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

I apologize for the "I told you so !" post and have removed it ...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: You are correct, fortunately or unfortunately, Bob !

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Good stuff, Bill.

I just want to say for the record that I don't see you as having done <i>anything</i> that's inappropriate or not right here. I've appreciated your insights, and I hope that neither you nor anybody else thinks that a spirited discussion of issues related to food or farming amounts to a personal attack.
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

by ChefCarey » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Good stuff, Bill.

I just want to say for the record that I don't see you as having done <i>anything</i> that's inappropriate or not right here. I've appreciated your insights, and I hope that neither you nor anybody else thinks that a spirited discussion of issues related to food or farming amounts to a personal attack.

I for one, don't like either side of any argument. And I am unanimous in that.
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

by Ian Sutton » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:07 pm

Bill Spencer wrote:Finally, Bob ... farmers are a family ... hurt one and we all cry

Funny you should say that Bill. When we went to see rellies in New Zealand a few months after the foot & mouth outbreak (in UK), we were taken aback by the sympathy offered by so many people. For city folk like us (albeit living in a fairly rural area), we were surprised at the level of compassion offered. Maybe a demonstration of the wider sense of community in rural areas.
regards
Ian
no avatar
User

TimMc

by TimMc » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Bill Spencer wrote:Farmers are a family ... hurt one and we all cry ...

Right-on, Bill.

I live in an Ag intensive area and for all it's faults [pesticides and water rights, etc.] farmers are most dilligent when it comes to safety for their produce. They go to the -inth degree to assure they sell us nothing but the highest quality product because if they don't....they will surely lose their business and in one quick hurry. And you can bet the ranch on that.

As an old farmer hereabouts once warned: Don't complain about farmers when your mouth is full.

I think that says it all.
Previous