The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Allegrini, D'Issan, Blue Mountain, Antinori CCR

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Allegrini, D'Issan, Blue Mountain, Antinori CCR

by Jenise » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:04 pm

1995 Allegrini Valpolicell Amarone

Not sure what to make of this. Gorgeous mature nose, but the rest of the experience didn't live up to the aroma--the right cherry, sandalwood and orange rind flavors were there, but they seemed dilute, turned down. Too, the wine was a bit cloudy, so maybe there was some other bottle problem present?

1986 D'Issan, Margaux

Somewhat bretty nose that blew off somewhat over two hours, but not entirely. Also, some bandaid and flowers. On the palate, juicy berry and tomato skin. Quite open and lively at first but dry tannns on the finish crept into the midpalate before the bottle was over.

2003 Blue Mountain Pinot Gris, Stripe label

Bears no resemblance to the 2000 and 2001 bottlings of this usually remarkable wine. Not "precise and multi-faceted", but marred by overripe fruit and cheese rind notes. Is developing a bit of a sherry character that I find offputting.

1998 Antinori Chianti Classico Riserva

All black fruit and wood. And though the fruit's strong so are the tannins and the strange absence of acidity has me worried for my two remaining bottles. Can't tell if it's just in an awkward stage or on it's way out.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Allegrini, D'Issan, Blue Mountain, Antinori CCR

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:56 pm

Goodness gracious, Jenise, what has happened to your Blue Mountain?? Shocker eh.
Have been on a break from PG lately but will be back. BTW have you come across the Albrecht Pinot Blanc `04? Worth a taste for sure.