The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 2004 Carmel Road Chardonnay Monterey County Calif.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

TN: 2004 Carmel Road Chardonnay Monterey County Calif.

by Bob Ross » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:59 pm

2004 Carmel Road Chardonnay Monterey County California. 14.2 % alcohol. $16.00 at Endless Vine in Franklin Lakes.

Light yellow color, light hue, lovely aromas of peaches and lemons, excellent tastes of citrus and pears, with an underlying impression of minerals, just a hint of oak, good acidity, firm finish with mineral and nutty notes. This is certainly not a typical California Chardonnay. 4*.

Regards, Bob

Notes:

The vineyards lie within the Salinas Valley of Monterey County, one of the coolest growing regions in all of California.

"This year offers a beautiful nose of ripe lemon sorbet and notes of white peach and lilac. The palate is very soft, the wine just melts in your mouth, there,s not a single hard edge. Citrus and pear flavors are most forward with a bit of orange blossom while minerality and a light nutty character highlight the finish." - Ivan Giotenov, Winemaker
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: another tasting.

by Bob Ross » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:09 pm

I stopped by Endless Vines tonight to let the Mets and Red Sox fans glory in my disgrace at the shameful play of my Yankee heroes. As penance, I treated folks to a couple of bottles of 2004 Carmel Road Chardonnay Monterey County California. I reported favorably on this wine earlier this week and it supported me just as well tonight – the best California Chardonnay I have ever had.

Light yellow color, light hue, lovely aromas of peaches and lemons, excellent flavors of citrus and pears, with an underlying impression of minerals, an impression that grew more expansive over time, just a hint of oak, good acidity, firm finish with mineral and nutty notes. 4*.

Folks loved the wine, although they loved my discomfiture more.

Regards, Bob