The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) VV Beaujolais revisited

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2004 Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) VV Beaujolais revisited

by Jenise » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:54 pm

Preparing to send a bottle of this wine to my friend Mr. Ross, I refrigerated a bottle for our own meal later that day.

Though it's ostensibly from the same stash (bought a bottle, loved it, went back and bought the last three) as my first, this isn't quite the same wine. The heady bouquet of strawberries was gone leaving just a bit of bitter herb, and the wine had a pronounced vinegar note that either grew as the wine went on or simply grew in my mind as I focussed on the flaw. The conversation here about yeasts and controlling SO2 played in my head, and the memories of the cloudy, stinky bottles of past vintages (cloudy, sour) came back vividly. This isn't that same flaw, but all might be SO2 related.

So I went back to my notes and counted the soldiers, and I'm two hits for three misses. Or 60% bad bottles which is an unacceptably high rate of failure. Is it actually possible to get good bottles of this wine with any frequency outside of New York City?
Last edited by Jenise on Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2004 Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) VV Beaujolais revisited

by David M. Bueker » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:35 pm

Mine come from Boston, and all 4 of the 2004 I have had so far have been very good.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bill Buitenhuys

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Phoenix metro

Re: WTN: 2004 Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) VV Beaujolais revisited

by Bill Buitenhuys » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:13 pm

I had a high percentage of corked '02's (100%) but the half dozen '04's I've had from local shops have been spot on.