Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Note to Jenise as Moderator of FLDG.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Note to Jenise as Moderator of FLDG.

by Bob Ross » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:36 am

Jenise, I noticed two fairly recent posts on FLDG when searching for the mushroom pate recipe.

http://www.myspeakerscorner.com/forum/index.phtml?fn=2

"I am a thirty year old african female from the lovely kingdom of Swaziland. I am single and I enjoy a good glass of wine now and then. I am interested in knowing more about wine." Jabulile Lomndeni Tsabedze.

Ms. Tsabedze has an email listed; perhaps you [or me if you prefer] could welcome her and direct her to WLDG?

The other post you may have already seen and responded to:

Date: 13-Mar-2006 04:04
Author: Bill-Jonathon Winsor Email
Subject: INTRO: Bill-Jonathon Winsor, San Diego, CA
View Parent message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHERE'S JENISE?

I am the "up the street [childhood]Best Buddy" she mentioned in a post about cinnimon swirls!!
Apparently the memory of my Mom and her passion for fresh and wholesome food lives on in others besides myself!

If not, there's an email in the link:

http://www.myspeakerscorner.com/forum/index.phtml?fn=2

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Note to Jenise as Moderator of FLDG.

by Jenise » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:11 pm

Bob, thanks for bringing those to my attention. Actually, I did see Bill's post some time ago and we've been in touch. We were definitely great friends, and his mother Reba's wholesome, everything-from-scratch Seventh Day Adventist cooking was as great an inspiration to me as my own mother's. It was in her garden that tasted, and learned to love, raw green beans. It was in her kitchen that I discovered the miracle of homemade pastries and whole wheat flatbreads. She taught me how to use surplus pie crust to make the best cinnamon cookies ever. It was on their rooftop arbor that I ate concord grapes direct from the vine. And it was on their ranch that I learned how walnuts come to our tables.

I had recounted the pie crust cookies years ago on the old FLDG and Bill's younger brother found my post when doing a search on his mother's name, 'Reba'. Must be unusual, she and the country singer Reba McIntyre are the only Reba's I've ever known. Bob instantly recognized who I was and contacted Bill. Anyway, funny how the internet brings people back in touch, isn't it?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Note to Jenise as Moderator of FLDG.

by Bob Ross » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:48 am

"Anyway, funny how the internet brings people back in touch, isn't it?"

I so glad you added that part of the story, Jenise. I remember seeing Bill's post many weeks ago, and wondering from time to time if you two connected. It's great that you did and thanks for filling me in.

Isn't Jabulile Lomndeni Tsabedze an interesting name. When I was a kid I had a couple of postage stamps from Swaziland and was fascinated with it, but I haven't thought of that country since. Google brought me back for a visit -- it's still as tiny and as complex as I remembered.

The government's web site has the most amazing denial of warranties, etc. I've ever seen online at http://www.gov.sz/home.asp?pid=5 .

Regards, Bob