The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia 2004

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia 2004

by Bob Ross » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia 2004. $10.00 a glass at Endless Vines; imported by Grateful Palate.

Deep red color, deep hue, shy aromas of spice and berries, hints of earth; very good berry tastes, with good spice, earth and forest notes, medium mouth feel, smooth tannins, no oak, long, interesting finish. I would have liked the tannins to be a bit more dominant, but this is a very good sipping wine indeed. 3*.

Regards, Bob

Philip White: This wickedly intense blend of old Barossa could be some strange marriage of the best of Beaujolais and Vacqueyras, in the south of France. It's slick, smooth and polished, with very fine, slippery tannins, so while it's dangerously approachable and refined, it still has a gloriously characterful, agricultural soul, with it's feet in the soil. 93 points.

Philip WhiteWine maker notes: 65% Grenache, 25% Mataro and 10% Shiraz. A fresh and lively fruit driven wine produced entirley free from oak influence. The nose is rich with fresh summer berries and sweet spice, complexed by earthy forest floor aromas. The medium bodied palate reflects the nose with peppery spicy berry fruits and a long complex earthy finish. Tannins are gently supportive without intruding. A wine designed to enjoy immediately, with a cellaring potential of around 5 years. http://www.teusner.com.au/

History at http://www.teusner.com.au/history.htm
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia 2004

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:42 pm

I would think that fellow-lovers of Grenache should be on the lookout for these guys. Thanks Bob for posting on this new-to-me winery.