The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Article about BYOB, plus Calif. Cabs!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Article about BYOB, plus Calif. Cabs!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 pm

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Read that article yesterday ...

by Bill Spencer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:34 am

%^)

RIDICULOUS !

On the other hand, in the "wonderful" state of Arizona you can't even bring a bottle of wine into an eating establishment that has a liquor license ... don't travel all that much to San Francisco but have found in my travels to closer-by San Diego that most restaurants there are MUCH more reasonable than a lot of those mentioned in the Chronicle article ...

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: Read that article yesterday ...

by Mike Filigenzi » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:45 am

Bill Spencer wrote:%^)

RIDICULOUS !

On the other hand, in the "wonderful" state of Arizona you can't even bring a bottle of wine into an eating establishment that has a liquor license ... don't travel all that much to San Francisco but have found in my travels to closer-by San Diego that most restaurants there are MUCH more reasonable than a lot of those mentioned in the Chronicle article ...

Clink !

%^)

That's what we've found here as well. Most of the places we go to do have corkage fees but will often quietly waive them if you bring interesting bottles. I get the feeling that they have the policies in place so that they can discourage those who bring in bottles of $5 grocery store wine. If you're bringing in nice bottles of wine, there's a good chance that you're willing to drop some extra $$$ on your food and that you'll come back if they treat you well.

Still, a very interesting articles that offers a number of points of view on the corkage issue.

Mike
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Re: Read that article yesterday ...

by Bill Spencer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:15 pm

Mike Filigenzi (Sacto) wrote:That's what we've found here as well. Most of the places we go to do have corkage fees but will often quietly waive them if you bring interesting bottles. I get the feeling that they have the policies in place so that they can discourage those who bring in bottles of $5 grocery store wine. If you're bringing in nice bottles of wine, there's a good chance that you're willing to drop some extra $$$ on your food and that you'll come back if they treat you well.

Still, a very interesting articles that offers a number of points of view on the corkage issue.

%^)

ALL good points ... especially the one about the "grocery store wine" ... I think, too, that in most restaurants, including the ones I referred to in closer by San Diego, that they are also trying to make sure that you're not bringing in a wine to open that is already on THEIR list ...

Had enough rain ? Hear there's talk of building an ark in your area ...

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html