The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

My evening with Thomas Perrin of Beaucastel fame!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

My evening with Thomas Perrin of Beaucastel fame!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:02 am

Very nice portfolio tasting here in Edmonton. The whites were very good,the red CdR tasty and the Beaucastel `98/`03 exceptional. Tasting notes to follow asap.

Oooops spelling mistake in the heading. Sorry, help.
no avatar
User

JoePerry

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:07 pm

Boston

Re: My evening with Thomas Perrin of Beaucastle fame!!

by JoePerry » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:32 am

Nice! We look forward to it!

If you weren't making spelling errors then that would mean that you weren't tasting enough for this group.

Well done.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:35 am

Very good Joe!!! Whilst you are here (it`s wednesday am early) Mike B and I were discussing a new Open Mike this weekend whilst at the tasting . There are some super wines from Spain at the store DeVines and I have been pushing for a Spanish OM for some while. So we are going to go with the Montsant area and 2 wines in particular.

`03 Lasendal Capcanes, a blend of Garnatxa and Syrah.
`00 Castell de Falset, 3 varietal blend.

That should interest those who would like to see the subject matter narrowed down!! Hope you might be around for some encouragement this weekend!!!

Thanks Bob P.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: My evening with Thomas Perrin of Beaucastel fame!!

by Jenise » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:40 pm

You're fixed, Bob. So to speak....
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike B.

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:56 am

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

by Mike B. » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:28 pm

I think going with Montsant is broad enough, while at the same time narrowing it down sufficiently to keep a good focus. I've got a bottle of the Lasendal waiting for the weekend.

Bob, I didn't take much in the way of notes last night - one of the women sitting across from me was wearing waaaay too much perfume and it was hard to distinguish much on the nose. I found it also interfered with the taste. :x

Still, I really liked Perrin's Rose, as well as the Coudelet CdR and the Beaucastel ChndP. Looking forward to your impressions.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Yeah, I noticed that perfume. Gonna ask Ed to talk to her nicely about protocol.
Yes, I also have the Falset so Open Mike planned around these two wines. Think I will post tonight so forumites can get organized if they wish to take part.
no avatar
User

JoePerry

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:07 pm

Boston

by JoePerry » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:57 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Very good Joe!!! Whilst you are here (it`s wednesday am early) Mike B and I were discussing a new Open Mike this weekend whilst at the tasting . There are some super wines from Spain at the store DeVines and I have been pushing for a Spanish OM for some while. So we are going to go with the Montsant area and 2 wines in particular.

`03 Lasendal Capcanes, a blend of Garnatxa and Syrah.
`00 Castell de Falset, 3 varietal blend.

That should interest those who would like to see the subject matter narrowed down!! Hope you might be around for some encouragement this weekend!!!

Thanks Bob P.

Hey Bob, unfortunately, I haven't done the Open Mike before. Let me sum it up as far as I understand; you and Jenise pick out a wine or region that is readily available to the forum, and everyone chimes in on a single thread? How do you ensure that a wine is well distributed? Wine-searcher?

It seems like there have been so many Mic's going recently that it is more of an Open Barbershop Quartet!

Best,
Joe
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:37 pm

Yup, too much time on our hands Joe!!!!! Anyone can round up a possee, say via a PM, and try to figure out which wine would be suitable. No rules, just open something similar if subject wine/s not available. I think narrowing down the subject is a good one, but look at the participation with Valpollicella as well as Syrah!!
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:01 pm

The open mics tend to stay open for a week or so and then shut down. I really enjoy reading them.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.