Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Anthony Bourdain moves to CNN

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Anthony Bourdain moves to CNN

by Jenise » Wed May 30, 2012 10:31 am

From The Eater website:

It's official: Anthony Bourdain is leaving the Travel Channel behind and is headed to CNN. It's the end of No Reservations, the Emmy award-winning series that has run for eight seasons (the premiere was July 25, 2005). Bourdain tweeted that the production company Zero Point Zero will come along for the ride: "Moving with same ZPZ crew over to CNN to do another world travel show. Congo? Libya? Finally?"

It was confirmed from ZPZ that the current season of No Reservations on Travel Channel will be its last; currently the second season of The Layover is in production and will air on the Travel Channel. Reached for comment, Bourdain tells Eater: "Same production team, same amazing crew, same me--but the world just got a whole lot bigger."

According to a press release from CNN, the yet unnamed show will premiere in early 2013 and is "[s]lated to air domestically on Sundays in prime time." The new show will "be shot on location and examine cultures from around the world through their food and dining and travel rituals." Bourdain also will "offer commentary on other CNN programs and platforms, domestically and internationally, providing insights into current events and debates around food and health and other cultural conversations." CNN is scrambling: With April 2012 ratings the lowest in years, the network is trying a more international approach to news.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: Anthony Bourdain moves to CNN

by David M. Bueker » Thu May 31, 2012 7:25 am

As someone said on Facebook, "what could possibly go wrong?!"
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Thu May 31, 2012 11:58 am

I wonder if they are going to blip out his explatives or let them flow?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 pm

Carl Eppig wrote:I wonder if they are going to blip out his explatives or let them flow?

Have no idea! One of the issues that made Tony move to the Travel Channel from the Food Network was their problem with his colorful vocabulary. From this article, it appears his problem with the Travel Channel is that they imposed limits on where he could go. Hopefully, with CNN he has all the freedoms he needs.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov