Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

There may be hope for me yet...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jeff B

Rank

Champagne Lover

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Michigan (perhaps more cleverly known as "The Big Mitten")

There may be hope for me yet...

by Jeff B » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 am

I'm starting to enjoy thin crust pizza in favor of deep dish... :D

How did this happen? :D

Jeff
"Meeting Franklin Roosevelt was like opening your first bottle of champagne. Knowing him was like drinking it." - Winston Churchill
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: There may be hope for me yet...

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 am

Come to the light. Cooooooommmme to the liiiiiiiighhhhttttt ... :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 am

It happened because you finally get it! :) When I want pizza, I don't want to eat a bunch of crust. I want those delicious, healthy, non greasy toppings, with just enough thin crust to hold it up in my hand. Papa Murphy's does a grand job of this. Their gourmet vegetarian is outstanding....with my garden tomatoes, of course. Yes, I can make pizza at home, but it one of those things that I reserve for "lazy days" when I don't want to look at the kitchen. Their very thin crusts are sturdy enough to allow me to add my tomatoes, extra herbs, more red pepper, if I choose.
It even holds up well the next day, when I eat it for breakfast, COLD!
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am

Non-pizza-partisan here. I love thin crust. I love thick crust. I love deep dish Chicago style.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jeff B

Rank

Champagne Lover

by Jeff B » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:It happened because you finally get it! :) When I want pizza, I don't want to eat a bunch of crust. I want those delicious, healthy, non greasy toppings, with just enough thin crust to hold it up in my hand. Papa Murphy's does a grand job of this. Their gourmet vegetarian is outstanding....with my garden tomatoes, of course. Yes, I can make pizza at home, but it one of those things that I reserve for "lazy days" when I don't want to look at the kitchen. Their very thin crusts are sturdy enough to allow me to add my tomatoes, extra herbs, more red pepper, if I choose.
It even holds up well the next day, when I eat it for breakfast, COLD!

It sounds delicious Karen, but I'm afraid I haven't come into the light far enough to appreciate cold pizza yet. But it might just be the world's most perfect food when hot out of the oven! :D

Jeff
Last edited by Jeff B on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Meeting Franklin Roosevelt was like opening your first bottle of champagne. Knowing him was like drinking it." - Winston Churchill
no avatar
User

Jeff B

Rank

Champagne Lover

by Jeff B » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 am

Mike Filigenzi wrote:Non-pizza-partisan here. I love thin crust. I love thick crust. I love deep dish Chicago style.

I'm with you there. I would say that my love for deep dish pizza is not any less, it's just that my appreciation for thin crust has gone up. Those crispy corner pieces on a deep dish are still without equal... :D

Jeff
no avatar
User

Shaji M

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm

by Shaji M » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Pizza is my kryptonite and I stay away from it as much as I humanly can..Mathematically speaking, the thickness of my choice of crust is inversely proportional to the passage of time. I have seen the light..and it is good!
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm with Mike, love'em both ways. Regarding the comment about more crust in deep dish, They have no more crust, except for the backside, than the thin crust. There is just more good stuff in the middle.