Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

can you reheat blinis?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jacques Levy

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:00 pm

NY

can you reheat blinis?

by Jacques Levy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:21 pm

I have always made blinis fresh when having guests, but I'm afraid I may get overwhelmed at my next party, can I make the blinis in advance and reheat them? And if so, how exactly?

Thanks
Best Regards

Jacques
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: can you reheat blinis?

by Jenise » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Sure!

You can do them singly in the same pan you made them in, warm them in a group in the microwave at half power (so they don't go rubbery) or, my #1 choice, spread them around a cookie sheet and toss them in a hot oven for a few minutes.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jacques Levy

Rank

Ultra geek

NY

by Jacques Levy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Jenise
Best Regards

Jacques
no avatar
User

Jacques Levy

Rank

Ultra geek

NY

by Jacques Levy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am

So I got these packed blinis that looked kind of ok, the package says to plunge it (the whole vacuum sealed package) into boiling water for 3 minutes then let rest for 3 more minutes. Anyone ever tried this? Or should I stick to the "Jenise" way?
Jenise wrote:spread them around a cookie sheet and toss them in a hot oven for a few minutes.
Best Regards

Jacques
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Jacques Levy wrote:So I got these packed blinis that looked kind of ok, the package says to plunge it (the whole vacuum sealed package) into boiling water for 3 minutes then let rest for 3 more minutes. Anyone ever tried this? Or should I stick to the "Jenise" way?
Jenise wrote:spread them around a cookie sheet and toss them in a hot oven for a few minutes.

Try a package and tell us!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Jacques Levy wrote:So I got these packed blinis that looked kind of ok, the package says to plunge it (the whole vacuum sealed package) into boiling water for 3 minutes then let rest for 3 more minutes. Anyone ever tried this? Or should I stick to the "Jenise" way?

Their way will work just fine. It's pretty close to instant heating without the risk of the rubberiness I warned you about in the microwave method.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov