The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

by Brian K Miller » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

A very dark, savory, ferrous Beaujolais. Quite heavy and dark for Beaujolais...I thought Brouilly was one of the lighter crus!??? I guess the vintage character comes through? Enjoyable in an almost Syrah-ish way. But still enjoyable, for sure! Especially at $15!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

Re: WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

by Mark Lipton » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am

Brian K Miller wrote:A very dark, savory, ferrous Beaujolais. Quite heavy and dark for Beaujolais...I thought Brouilly was one of the lighter crus!??? I guess the vintage character comes through? Enjoyable in an almost Syrah-ish way. But still enjoyable, for sure! Especially at $15!

John Gilman, in his publication View From the Cellar, reviewed that wine, calling it "deep, full-bodied, pure and very powerful for Brouilly" and later "Here the size of the 2009 vintage can be felt in all its glory, and while this is hardly what I would call a textbook example of Brouilly, it is a terrific bottle of wine." (Robin, I hope that this falls under Fair Use, but if not feel free to nuke)

My one bottle will stay in the cellar for a while longer, FWIW.

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Re: WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

by Brian K Miller » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 am

I am going to buy another bottle or two, actually. And definitely cellar them. I think they may be pretty neat in 2-5 years!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach