Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Korean Flour -- convert

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Frank Deis

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 pm

NJ

Korean Flour -- convert

by Frank Deis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 pm

You may remember the previous discussion of Korean flour for biscuits

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43788&p=357979&hilit=Korean#p357979

When Louise ran out of flour and asked me to buy some I said "let's use THIS" and showed her the bag of Korean flour I had bought a while ago. So we filled the flour tin with that and she's been using it for everything. We don't make biscuits that often but she's made a few pie crusts and she says "this stuff is great!!" It has turned out very well. This morning I made crepes that had been made of K-flour and they were very popular.

If you can find this stuff it is worth a try. You need to have a Korean grocery and look for the yellow bag...

Frank wrote:I can't read the big red letters but the white letters say

밀가루 "milgalu" (or "mirgaru") wheat flour

밀 "mil" = wheat, 가루 "galu" = flour
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Korean Flour -- convert

by Jenise » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Cool!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll have to tell my wife about it, but not for a while yet. She just went out and bought about six bags of Red Mill flours - tapioca, potato, rice, etc. These are all due to the gluten-free desserts she wants to make for a friend of ours.

Once we have room in the pantry again, I'll mention the Korean flour. Sounds pretty interesting!
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

by Hoke » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:22 am

Mike Filigenzi wrote:I'll have to tell my wife about it, but not for a while yet. She just went out and bought about six bags of Red Mill flours - tapioca, potato, rice, etc. These are all due to the gluten-free desserts she wants to make for a friend of ours.

Once we have room in the pantry again, I'll mention the Korean flour. Sounds pretty interesting!

Another incentive to come up here for a visit: we'll take you to Bob's Red Mill. It's really an interesting place to tour. And last time we went there, we had lunch out on the patio, and Bob and wife were sitting at the next table over. (They're actually there quite frequently, I understand.)