Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

What do you cook for Christmas dinner?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: What do you cook for Christmas dinner?

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Beautiful appetizer platter Carrie. What kind of salami was that in the center? It looks like a hard peppered salami but larger than the usual hard type I buy. I think it is Colombo or something similar.
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:11 pm

All's well that ends well, Carrie!
no avatar
User

Matilda L

Rank

Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:48 am

Adelaide, South Australia

by Matilda L » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 am

Carrie, that veal roast looks delicious.

Our Christmas fare varies. When it's just the Francophile and me, we usually do a roast chicken with all the baked veg trimmings, because we like it, even though it is probably scorching summer heat outside.

This year we are going to my extended family Grand Lunch Thru' Dinner Event so we don't have to cook at all, just bring wine. :D
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Beautiful appetizer platter Carrie. What kind of salami was that in the center? It looks like a hard peppered salami but larger than the usual hard type I buy. I think it is Colombo or something similar.

Thank you, Karen! That was just "Peppered Salami" and was in fact Columbus brand. It came in a package with Italian Hard Salami and Calabrese Salami. They are small disks, I want to say about two inches in diameter. The peppered salami was a hit! Everyone loved it.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
Previous