The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

NEVER ever ever ever ever ever EVER

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

NEVER ever ever ever ever ever EVER

by Jenise » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Work on your wine inventory at 3 a.m. while sleep-deprived and taking powerful prescription meds.

The next time you open it you'll hardly recognize a thing, including the bottle count. Trust me.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jon Peterson

Rank

The Court Winer

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:53 pm

The Blue Crab State

Re: NEVER ever ever ever ever ever EVER

by Jon Peterson » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:52 pm

I don't know whether to :lol: or :cry: ! Good advice, none-the-less, I'd say.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:47 am

It was definitely meant to be funny, and we're laughing at the disaster I made as we try to rectify it, but man, I was flying high on codeine and convinced I was doing a whole lot better than I really was. What I did, apparently, was insert cells where I meant to insert new rows which displaced all the information in the quantity and vintage columns below area(s) I was working in--did this twice, apparently--and then resorted. Maybe more than once! And I saved every time I got up from my chair, which was often, so the problems were cemented in as I went along, and over 80% of the approximately 800 individual line items got farkled.

This is an Excel spreadsheet, which I was updating in order to migrate onto Cellar Tracker. Didn't quite get there fast enough, did I?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Kelly Young

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Washington, DC

by Kelly Young » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Does this mean you now have 2010 bottles of 12a.d. 1er Cru Shiraz Wehlener Sonnenuhr ?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Kelly Young wrote:Does this mean you now have 2010 bottles of 12a.d. 1er Cru Shiraz Wehlener Sonnenuhr ?

Yes! And it's prime drinking window is NOW!