Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Elchonon Hellinger

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

Hai The patriots cabarnet sav 2010 reserve TN's

by Elchonon Hellinger » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 am

Ok.. ive drank this wine a few times.. it supposedly comes from Ella, here in miami it retails for 12$. As my case of gush and tishbi was late, I chose to buy a few lower end bottles to taste for QPR and WOW..

Now, my facebook friends are well aware of the debate we had on the yarden Mt Hermon (ugh) but this stuff is WOW.. not just bc at 12$ its a great QPR.. it really is a good tasting bottle.. its aroma matches the 30$ CS's.. its young and lively and *I* am notorious for not liking 2010 wines as having too much "green" (pepper notes)

I searched the forums and was surprised to find no prior posts on Hai.. has any one tried it ? kosher kingdom was out of ramon cardova di rioja 16$ but they did have elvi mati at 16$

BTW elie, I cant confirm yet, but I think total wines has the peraj petita '09 for 20$.. with the '09 being better than '10 IMHO.. they have the ramon cardova rioja at 17.50 or so.. still one ofmy favorite low priced rioja's

And yes plenty of the ella at 22$ at KK.. the only better deal I ever saw wassara's tent for 20$

But, I dare any one to buy the ella valley E at 100$.. im kind of thinking to do it just for the shi*s and giggles so to speak, but as Elie said, is it really still good ? did the stores cellar it right..
no avatar
User

Elchonon Hellinger

Rank

Ultra geek

Re: Hai The patriots cabarnet sav 2010 reserve TN's

by Elchonon Hellinger » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 am

as Gab always pushes me, I avoid the Israel wines besides Ella, gush and tishbi when in miami.. I like to explore the spanish and south american stuff from royal and victor

South america has failed me.. I dont care about QPR.. they just produce medicore wines..despire tyhe ravings I read about argentina and malbec meh, tishbi malbec kicks it hands down!!

On another note, im pushing harbor grill and rare to adopt a jezebell like policy... I dont think I have the energy to deal with the whole resturant and hashgach's BS.. but id love if rare would at leat be like HG which allows you to bring your own non mevushall..

Mozart is the best, they never charge me the uncorking fee lately.. and THAT says a lot.. not that paying 10$ to bring quality wine is a major factor, just that they are saying "hey, we recognize that you come here for our great food, we wont shaft you for bringing great wine" and in fact not only did they not stiff us for the uncorking, they were glad to give us a bucket and ice for elie to cool his addictionary reisling lol
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

by Gabriel Geller » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 am

Elchonon Hellinger wrote:Mozart is the best, they never charge me the uncorking fee lately.. and THAT says a lot.. not that paying 10$ to bring quality wine is a major factor, just that they are saying "hey, we recognize that you come here for our great food, we wont shaft you for bringing great wine" and in fact not only did they not stiff us for the uncorking, they were glad to give us a bucket and ice for elie to cool his addictionary reisling lol

Nice! How did you like the Willm Riesling? My contacts in France can't even find it. As for your earlier remark, I believe indeed that while in the states you should take advantage of the outrageously low-priced israeli wines such as Tishbi (the Malbec is crazy cheap in the US, close to the Israeli wholesale price...) Yarden and Ella Valley and on the great Cali stuff that's not exported to Israel such as Four Gates, Brob and Shirah that while not inexpensive are certainly among the world's best kosher wines.
no avatar
User

Elchonon Hellinger

Rank

Ultra geek

by Elchonon Hellinger » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Gabriel Geller wrote:
Elchonon Hellinger wrote:Mozart is the best, they never charge me the uncorking fee lately.. and THAT says a lot.. not that paying 10$ to bring quality wine is a major factor, just that they are saying "hey, we recognize that you come here for our great food, we wont shaft you for bringing great wine" and in fact not only did they not stiff us for the uncorking, they were glad to give us a bucket and ice for elie to cool his addictionary reisling lol

Nice! How did you like the Willm Riesling? My contacts in France can't even find it. As for your earlier remark, I believe indeed that while in the states you should take advantage of the outrageously low-priced israeli wines such as Tishbi (the Malbec is crazy cheap in the US, close to the Israeli wholesale price...) Yarden and Ella Valley and on the great Cali stuff that's not exported to Israel such as Four Gates, Brob and Shirah that while not inexpensive are certainly among the world's best kosher wines.

didnt have it, it was my pre op dry time