Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Most Attractive TV/Celebrity Chef?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Most Attractive TV/Celebrity Chef?

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Lou Kessler wrote:Giada going away.

How do you feel about Giada coming in your direction, Lou? Or is it only the rear view ... :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 am

Carrie L. wrote:
Jenise wrote:
Carrie L. wrote:Forgot about him! Yes, yes. He's not too bad in the personality department either. Still something sexier about Hugh's wit.

In full agreement. What about Michael Ruhlman?

Eh.

Really? I think he's gorgeous. Mind you, it's Hugh I'd rather date, but taking "most attractive" literally? Mikey's got our boy beat.

Btw, I was a time I'd have said Todd English. Then I heard him talk. It was like hearing Thelma Ritter's voice come out of Marilyn Monroe's mouth--I expected something a lot different, a lot classier. Instead he sounds like a total slime. He calls everybody 'babe' including thin air. "Here ya go, babe." "This how we do it, babe." Slick and oily. YUCK.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

by Tom Troiano » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:16 am

Todd English seems like a pretty bad guy. At least that's the way the Boston press makes it appear.

I don't watch much TV but I must admit I really like Giada's boobs. I do find it funny that they (the boobs) are almost a part of the show. She seems like a nice person but I have no idea if that's true or not.
Tom T.
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

How do you feel about Giada coming in your direction, Lou? Or is it only the rear view ... :mrgreen:

Are you referring to Giada's various decolletage outfits? :D Tom's boobs description is just not proper in my social circles. I live in a blue state but obviosly light blue in comparison to Mass.
no avatar
User

Jim Cassidy

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:00 pm

Salt Lake City

by Jim Cassidy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:49 pm

I agree that Giada dresses to great advantage, but her smile is even better than her boobs.
Jim Cassidy

Owner, Millcreek Vineyards

(The prettiest vineyard in the Salt Lake Valley)
no avatar
User

Fred Sipe

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:34 am

Sunless Rust-Belt NE Ohio

by Fred Sipe » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Jim Cassidy wrote:I agree that Giada dresses to great advantage, but her smile is even better than her boobs.

But her smile doesn't jiggle when she chops! :lol:
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Massachusetts

by Tom Troiano » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Lou Kessler wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

Are you referring to Giada's various decolletage outfits? :D Tom's boobs description is just not proper in my social circles. I live in a blue state but obviosly light blue in comparison to Mass.

Sorry if that was inappropriate. At least I didn't say [deleted]!
Tom T.
no avatar
User

Jo Ann Henderson

Rank

Mealtime Maven

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

Seattle, WA USA

by Jo Ann Henderson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Tom Troiano wrote:
Lou Kessler wrote:Are you referring to Giada's various decolletage outfits? :D Tom's boobs description is just not proper in my social circles. I live in a blue state but obviosly light blue in comparison to Mass.

Sorry if that was inappropriate. At least I didn't say [deleted]!

This discussion, AGAIN! Oh, brother. :evil:
"...To undersalt deliberately in the name of dietary chic is to omit from the music of cookery the indispensable bass line over which all tastes and smells form their harmonies." -- Robert Farrar Capon
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Lou Kessler wrote:Are you referring to Giada's various decolletage outfits? :D

Actually, I was just having a little fun by deliberately misinterpreting your comment "Giada going away." :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:35 am

I have to put myself more in the Nigella camp than the Giada camp. Giada has admittedly excellent boobs, but I like Nigella's curves quite a lot and the dark hair/pale skin combo is, um, very nice.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Tom Troiano wrote:Todd English seems like a pretty bad guy. At least that's the way the Boston press makes it appear.

That's what we've heard too. I do like his restaurants though. Jenise, I agree with you. He photographs very well, but beyond that, he can have himself! ha.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

by Carrie L. » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Carrie L. wrote:
Jenise wrote: What about Michael Ruhlman?

Eh.

Jenise wrote:Really? I think he's gorgeous. Mind you, it's Hugh I'd rather date, but taking "most attractive" literally? Mikey's got our boy beat.

For some reason his looks are a little too milk toasty for me, and his speaking tone is a little too "college-professor." I know, it's a rarity Jenise, when the two of us disagree on something like this!

(Not sure what I did wrong here with my quoting!)
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Carrie L. wrote:(Not sure what I did wrong here with my quoting!)

I fixed it, sort of. :oops: The system doesn't let quotes nest more than three deep. More than that, and you have to delete some, and it's very easy to knock things askew.
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

by Carrie L. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Carrie L. wrote:(Not sure what I did wrong here with my quoting!)

I fixed it, sort of. :oops: The system doesn't let quotes nest more than three deep. More than that, and you have to delete some, and it's very easy to knock things askew.

Thanks Robin! Looks a lot better!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Carrie L. wrote:For some reason his looks are a little too milk toasty for me, and his speaking tone is a little too "college-professor." I know, it's a rarity Jenise, when the two of us disagree on something like this!

Have you seen any of the Anthony Bourdain episodes in which Michael played sidekick or when he's a judge on Iron Chef? He's understated, but smart and sharply observant in a way I like, and a gentleman. Looks pretty good in an old American convertible tuna boat with his longish hair flying in the wind, too!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Shaji M

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm

by Shaji M » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:56 pm

I am late coming to this party. I would say..Scarlett Johansson.. She can boil water, right? Not that I care either way! :D
-Shaji
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Shaji M wrote:I am late coming to this party. I would say..Scarlett Johansson.. She can boil water, right? Not that I care either way! :D
-Shaji

Can't even think, among women who DO cook, who would be your next best bet, Shaji!
no avatar
User

Shaji M

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm

by Shaji M » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 am

Jenise wrote:
Shaji M wrote:I am late coming to this party. I would say..Scarlett Johansson.. She can boil water, right? Not that I care either way! :D
-Shaji

Can't even think, among women who DO cook, who would be your next best bet, Shaji!

Ms. Lawson will do Jenise! She will do fine indeed!
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Massachusetts

by Tom Troiano » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Despite my vote for Giada I'm starting to really like Ms. Lawson after this quote....

Although it was very thrilling to think of being up on a billboard in LA and around the States, I was very strict and English and told them they weren’t allowed to airbrush my tummy out. Wise? Hmmm. But that tum is the truth and is come by honestly, as my granny would have said.
Tom T.
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

by Lou Kessler » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Lou Kessler wrote:Are you referring to Giada's various decolletage outfits? :D

Actually, I was just having a little fun by deliberately misinterpreting your comment "Giada going away." :mrgreen:

I confess guiltily I knew immediately what you were describing. :roll: "Lift thy mind from the gutter." Shakespeare or Betty Friedan? Don't bother to research. :wink:
no avatar
User

Frank Deis

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 pm

NJ

by Frank Deis » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Tina Nordstrom, of "New Scandinavian Cooking" -- and didn't Padma Lakshmi have a show?
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Frank Deis wrote:Tina Nordstrom, of "New Scandinavian Cooking" -- and didn't Padma Lakshmi have a show?

Oooh. Hadn't thought about Padma Lakshmi. I only know her as a judge on one of those competitive cooking shows. (Can't remember which one it was, but I sure as hell remember her.) Is she a chef?
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Mike Filigenzi wrote:
Frank Deis wrote:Tina Nordstrom, of "New Scandinavian Cooking" -- and didn't Padma Lakshmi have a show?

Oooh. Hadn't thought about Padma Lakshmi. I only know her as a judge on one of those competitive cooking shows. (Can't remember which one it was, but I sure as hell remember her.) Is she a chef?

Don't know if she has any formal training but she did have an Indian cooking show on the Food Network a LONG time ago. They may not have filmed more than 10 or 12 episodes, and she wasn't glammed up the way she is on Top Chef, but I remember seeing an episode or two and being wowed by her beauty.
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

by Lou Kessler » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Mike Filigenzi wrote:

PreviousNext