Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Isaac C

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:53 pm

NYC

Re: Stubborn / WeeksEnd wine

by Isaac C » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 pm

I would put the Yiron Syrah 05 in drink now mode, not drink up mode. though I'm not expert on drinking windows, maybe it has another year or two of tasting the same - David, you yourself wrote on CT in August of 2012 "This is a wine that has a year left in it and then wave it goodbye".

Count me in for a Yiron party!
no avatar
User

Yaakov B

Rank

Cellar rat

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:50 pm

by Yaakov B » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 pm

For some, Monday is still weekend, so I'll post TNs for a wine I had today.
Yarden gewurztraminer 2011
Pale yellow to off white colour. A fresh smell of honeydew melon, cactus fruit, organo, yellow grapefruit and the slightest bit of cloves. On the drier side but not too much so. Tastes like a tropical fruit salad with a sweet ginger and garam masala dressing. Lots of grapefruit and sour passion fruit with orange peel, non-ripe peaches, black liquorice and the stupidest amount of over-ripe pineapple with a sweet and sour finish of crunchy granny smith apples, fresh apricots and the tiniest bit of rose water and parsnip. Just enough teasing sweetnest. Would stand up very well to massive flavoured dishes like a spicy vegetarian curry.
User

Yehoshua Werth

Rank

Wine guru

Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Monsey, New York USA

by Yehoshua Werth » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 pm

2011 Recanati Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon - Great QPR for 2 days then falls over
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines
User

Andrew B

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:49 pm

by Andrew B » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Two Pinots:

2005 Domaine Gibourg Pommard (Louis Blanc): Tasted this for the first time at the Raccah-thon in San Diego over the summer, and it was not in a happy place. This was my backup bottle and it is also no good. Perhaps this bottle showed that there once was life in this edition. Some sensations of rose petals and pomegranate pith, along with some earth. Not drinkable.

2011 Covenant Landsman Pinot Noir: Wow, this is a real treat. Fresh berries jumping out of the glass soon after the bottle was opened. Very approachable immediately, with fruit, spice, a pleasing amount of acid, and not overly alcoholic. Has a fresh playfulness that keeps things from getting too serious, even though it's Pinot. Will it get better? Don't know, but it's great now. Definitely amongst the top of the class in Kosher Pinots.
no avatar
User

Z Spigelman

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:26 am

Neve Tzuf, Israel

by Z Spigelman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Harry.
Posting a little late as last week was rather interesting.
On the last night of Sheva Brachot, our kids presented us with a voucher for a hotel in Yerushalayim on Shabbat, as we needed to wind down and relax.
The next night, exactly one week after our daughter's wedding, our son announced his engagement. We really needed the away from home weekend.
Took with us a bottle of Gvaot Gofna Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2009. Really enjoyed it but will wait another year before opening another bottle.
Zvi
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

by Gabriel Geller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Z Spigelman wrote:The next night, exactly one week after our daughter's wedding, our son announced his engagement. We really needed the away from home weekend.Took with us a bottle of Gvaot Gofna Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2009. Really enjoyed it but will wait another year before opening another bottle.

Once again, Mazal tov Zvi! Hope everyone here will share with us only such good news. Love the Gvaot Gofna CabSav 09. :)

Best,

GG
User

Craig Winchell

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 pm

by Craig Winchell » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Mazel Tov!
no avatar
User

Elie Poltorak

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 pm

by Elie Poltorak » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Double Mazal Tov!!!
User

Yehoshua Werth

Rank

Wine guru

Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Monsey, New York USA

by Yehoshua Werth » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Mazal Tov Awesome!
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines
no avatar
User

Yossie Horwitz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:27 pm

NYC

by Yossie Horwitz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Mazal Tov Zvi and the Gvaot is certainly a great and worthy choice!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter on wines, wineries & other oenophilic goodies at http://www.yossiescorkboard.com
Previous