The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Claire Fevre Prieur Trapet Angerville Climens

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

WTN: Claire Fevre Prieur Trapet Angerville Climens

by Bill Spohn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Notes from a blind Burgundy tasting

2007 Bruno Clair Saint Aubin Les Champlots – some colour to this wine, and oak in the nose as well as melon. Lots of acidity, seems much older than it was.

2007 William Fevre Chablis Montmains – citrus nose with slight hints of ripeness, truffle and mineral, steely clean, lots of acidity.

2006 Vallet Freres Pernand Vergelesses – bit more colour, and more lemon and melon in the nose, along with green apple. Smooth crisp wine.

2005 Bret Brothers Macon Cruzille ‘Clos de Vignes du Maynes’ - nice full interesting nose with vanilla and hints of lychee, smooth and full in the mouth lower acid than the other wines and medium long finish.

1990 Jean Tardy Vosne Romanee Les Chaumes – very pale, classic mature Burg nose with mushroom and some pepper, but sadly the fruit was gone on palate and the wine had dried out.

1993 Dom. L. Trapet Gevrey Chambertin – also very pale now but more colour than the Tardy. Decent nose of dark cherry and more cherry on palate, decent weight and length ending with soft tannin and clean acidity.

1995 Remoissenet Bourgogne – nose a bit flat, so so fruit, medium length. A case of a dodo trying to fly with the…well, if not eagles, at least robins.

1999 Jacques Prieur Volnay Champans – good colour, funky mushroom and cherry nose, hefty middle with good fruit on palate – no rush here.

2005 Ch. de Chorey Chorey les Beaunes – dark wine with a sweet nose of raspberry, soft and mellow in the mouth, pleasant rather than notable.

2002 Jean Marc Bouley Pommard Les Rugiens – sweet mellow pleasant wine, but nothing out of the rather ordinary here.

1996 Marquis d’Angerville Volnay Champans – in marked contrast to the previosuu wine, this showed a nice spicy pinot nose, mellow and smooth on palate and with good length. Needs drinking but very good.

2003 Lucien Boillot Gevrey Chambertain Les Corbeaux – an excellent fruit and spice driven nose, full and sweet in the mouth – pure quintessential pinot noir.

1986 Ch. Climens – what a great way to end an interesting tasting, with a classic Barsac. Excellent botrytis nose, ambering colour, some coconut developing in nose with time, intense flavours and great length.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Claire Fevre Prieur Trapet Angerville Climens

by David M. Bueker » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Nice event.

Premox in the Clair perhaps?

Bret Brothers is a most unfortunate name.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 pm

What did you take? I didn't think you cellared old burgundies. I remember that you bought one for the last dinner at Pastis, anyway.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 pm

I brought the 93 Trapet.