Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Gedalya P

Rank

Wine geek

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:01 am

Kosher Wine Expo 28-30 January, 2013 Binyanei Hauma

by Gedalya P » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 am

Thousands of guests, wine lovers both from Israel and the world, are expected to attend the kosher wine expo at the end of the month. Guests will enjoy the products of about 40 wineries that will present during the 3-days expo. This expo is a succession to the successful one from last year, which attracted 3,000 attendants and invoked great interest among the professional community.
The ICC is preparing itself for a culinary celebration, with a wide variety of events, all under one roof. Guests of the expo will enjoy tastings, great discounts on wines, gourmet food section, and ‘cooking with wine’ workshops which will be held at the main stage by the leading chefs in Israel: Segev Moshe, Aviv Moshe and Shaul Ben-Aderet.
During the days of the expo the ICC will open its parking lot for guests, with over 800 free parking spaces.
Among the participating wineries are: Barkan, Segel, Golan Heights Winery, Galil Mountain, Benhaim, Har Bracha Winery, Livni, Gvaot, Arza, Carmel, Yatir, Tulip, Yaffo, Ruth, Lueria, Tanya, Tura, Herzog wine Cellars, Teperberg, Saslove, Alexander, and more.
28-30 January, 15:00-23:00, at the ICC Jerusalem.
Free parking and accessibility for the disabled
Entrance fee: 80 NIS. This price includes a souvenir wine glass and a tasting at any of the wineries’ stands.
From Cellar 18 in Ramat Beit Shemesh
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

Re: Kosher Wine Expo 28-30 January, 2013 Binyanei Hauma

by Gabriel Geller » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:14 am

42 wineries, again ALL KOSHER!, are now annonced to participate. Herzog will be present with 1-2 wines as well as some of the French offerings, likely Eddie & Benny.
no avatar
User

Josh Patt

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:45 pm

by Josh Patt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 am

I went to this expo yesterday evening and thought it was very good.

I met up with a few forumites including Gabriel, Josh Hexter and Lewis Pasco.

There were a lot of wineries and they were pouring a good selection of some of their better wines. There was also a very nice crowd and a generally pleasant atmosphere.

I need to sort out my notes and then will post them.

Josh
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

by Gabriel Geller » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 am

I've tasted about 130 wines in 2 days and 14 hours of tasting. Took tons of notes, will take some time till I'll post them as we are talking about a few hours of typing and editing. Many good to great wines. Josh it was nice to see you. Met many forumites too. Stacey B and husband, Zvi and Rachel Spiegelman, Mark Lieser and his lovely wife, Lewis Pasco, Josh Hexter, and a few others including many followers of the forum that are either members or not. Overall I had a great time.

Best,

GG