The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat - Super Bowl Sunday Edition

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Sunday Chat - Super Bowl Sunday Edition

by James Roscoe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:27 am

It is Super Bowl Sunday this evening. Almost every set in the US will be tuned in to the Ravens vs 49ers in New Orleans which is hosting its first game since Katrina. That doesn't mean there won't be chat. Here are the times when the fun gets started: at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. in the UK; 10 p.m. in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. in Finland and Israel; 8 a.m. Monday in Sydney and environs; and 10 a.m. Monday in New Zealand. I believe these are all corrected for standard time changes. If I am off, let me know. Please let me know when the time changes in your neck of the woods so I remember to make the appropriate changes.

The fun starts HERE!!!!!!
Last edited by James Roscoe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

Re: Sunday Chat - Super Bowl Sunday Edition

by Sue Courtney » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm not sure I know what a super bowl is. If it comes on a stem, it must be a gigantic wine glass.
no avatar
User

David Lole

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 am

Canberra, Australia

by David Lole » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Sue Courtney wrote:I'm not sure I know what a super bowl is. If it comes on a stem, it must be a gigantic wine glass.

Love your work, Sue.
Cheers,

David
no avatar
User

David Lole

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 am

Canberra, Australia

by David Lole » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:53 pm

And if you missed chat today you missed doing a fascinating jazz history thanks to YouTube of Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grippelli including the Hot Club of France and then a short journey into modern gypsy jazz with Ian Date and co. Enjoyed it, immensely, Sue.
Cheers,

David
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

by Sue Courtney » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm

That was the cool thing. Playing the same tunes on youtube. Didn't we used to do this with the same bottles of wine some years ago - although not on Chat as unfortunately with time zone differences it doesn't really set up the day for David at 8 am, or me at 10 am, to crack the screwcap or pull the cork on a bottle.