Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

TN: Dalton 'D' Petite Sirah 2011

by Gabriel Geller » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Tasted tonight:

Dalton, 'D', Petite Sirah 2011: The third vintage for this wine and pretty consistent quality-wise. Aged 12 months in american oak barrels. Dark clean cherry red towards purple, a floral nose with lavender, intense blackberries and a backdrop of black pepper. Medium to full-bodied with on the palate juicy blackberries, anise, plums, some earthiness with on the long finish some notes of cinnamon, black pepper and vanilla and nice teeth-staining tannins caressing the palate. Really good wine, QPR, but I missed a bit my beloved blueberries that I like so much in my PS's and the buttery creaminess of the previous vintage.

Best,

GG
no avatar
User

Isaac Chavel

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

Re: TN: Dalton 'D' Petite Sirah 2011

by Isaac Chavel » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi, Gabe, Purim same'ach,

I have to differ a bit. We had the 2011 Dalton PS last shabbat (9 days ago), and while it tasted just fine, it was so round and soft I could have thought it was the 2009 , the way the 2009 is drinking now with two extra years in the bottle. It seems to be lacking some structure --- acidity? tanins? both?; maybe it is where Rogov used to call "drink now." So I would say that the QPR is not as high as previous vintages, admitting at the same time that it is certainly enjoyable.
User

David Raccah

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 am

Bay Area, CA

by David Raccah » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey I never did reply to you Gabe - sorry (over email). To me this wine was as good as the 2010, just without any blue fruit. Forest berries and round in the mouth, sweet but controlled, but good mouth coating tannin - they are not shy. I think what Isaac means is that the wine is round, no edges, which is fine with me, and deep and rich.
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

by Gabriel Geller » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 pm

David Raccah wrote:Hey I never did reply to you Gabe - sorry (over email). To me this wine was as good as the 2010, just without any blue fruit. Forest berries and round in the mouth, sweet but controlled, but good mouth coating tannin - they are not shy. I think what Isaac means is that the wine is round, no edges, which is fine with me, and deep and rich.

Comparing these comments of yours with my TN makes for some obvious agreement between us two. How surprising! :wink:
no avatar
User

Elchonon Hellinger

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

by Elchonon Hellinger » Sun May 12, 2013 11:26 pm

mayom shum - mushrooms.. common give your drinking partners credit when due.. tsk tsk whose to blame for the corked appalation PS