The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Chateau Le Pape?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Joshua Kates

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Chateau Le Pape?

by Joshua Kates » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am

I was wondering whether anyone knows about this Chateau and its wine (Pessac-Leognan), specifically the 2010. Apparently, they were purchased last year by Haut-Bailly. I assume the 2010 was not made by the latter's team, but the former owner Patrick Monjanel and whomever was working with him. Who were these people? Was the wine bottled at the Chateau? Is it supposed to be any good?

(In part, I just bought 3 at rock bottom prices at a flash sale; upon arrival, they had the least information and fewest markings of almost any Bordeaux label that I have seen, though they did have notes from the importer.)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Best,
Josh
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: Chateau Le Pape?

by David M. Bueker » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Apparently Jancis Robinson has tasted it, but since I do not subscribe I cannot access the note. The funny thing is that someone gave the news of the chateau's purchase 91 points on CellarTracker!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Brian Gilp

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 23, 2006 5:50 pm

Re: Chateau Le Pape?

by Brian Gilp » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 am

I pulled the old Parker Bordeaux book off the shelf but this chateau is not covered in it at all. My book goes through 1997 and I see that the estate was sold in 1998 so even its lacking of mention apprears to tell us nothing about who made your wine.