Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Anybody else following the Ramsey flap in Arizona?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Anybody else following the Ramsey flap in Arizona?

by Jenise » Sun May 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Bill Spohn wrote:And I know which side of that border she inhabits!

Bill, he wasn't talking about me. :) :) :)

But hey, we watched this most-entertaining episode last night. And yeah, that woman has major problems! And Samy, for all his control-freak issues, obviously knows it.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

by Hoke » Sun May 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Brian Gilp wrote:
Mark Lipton wrote:Here it is for firsthand exposure to their batshit craziness:

I was reading about this somewhere else and some where speculating that she really has a psychological condition such borderline personality disorder.

Borderline??? :lol:
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

by Hoke » Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 pm

But hey, we watched this most-entertaining episode last night. And yeah, that woman has major problems! And Samy, for all his control-freak issues, obviously knows it.

Yeah, fascinating revelations and "tells" coming from Samy. There are excruciating times when he realizes he is caught in a hard place of his own creation and choosing. She has deeply hidden her own self-awareness (because she can't look at the alternative of her self); Samy hasn't quite done that yet. His delusions aren't quite as successful, and agonized reality peeks out.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun May 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Hoke wrote: His delusions aren't quite as successful, and agonized reality peeks out.

Exactly. Which gave each of them an entirely different reason for wanting Gordon's intervention. She thought he'd declare her food wonderful and that would fix all the "bloggers". Samy, on the other hand, thought Gordon might be the only person who could penetrate his wife's aggressive defensivensss. I ended up feeling rather sorry for him--as a husband, that is. As a business owner, not so much: the tip situation was deplorable.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

by Paul Winalski » Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm

I just watched the video clips. Good heavens! :shock:

-Paul W.
Previous