Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Posts

17377

Joined

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Location

Louisville, KY

Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Robin Garr » Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm

It just gets worse and worse!

Samy Bouzaglo, co-owner of Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro with his equally askew wife Amy, is apparently mired in ongoing "immigration court proceedings" that could result in his expulsion from the country.

http://gawker.com/infamous-kitchen-nigh ... -509282124 :mrgreen:
User avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Posts

10551

Joined

Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:07 am

Location

Portland, OR

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Hoke » Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 pm

No word yet on whether the Republicans are going to call congressional hearings to use this to defeat the Immigration Reform Bill. :twisted:
User avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Posts

4143

Joined

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Location

Merrimack, New Hampshire

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Paul Winalski » Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Imagine if those two carried firearms. We'd probably be talking about the Amy's Baking Massacre.

-Paul W.
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Posts

5264

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Karen/NoCA » Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Paul Winalski wrote:Imagine if those two carried firearms. We'd probably be talking about the Amy's Baking Massacre.

-Paul W.

I'm guessing they have a reputation around town, and have known enemies. So don't be so sure they don't carry, or at least, have one or two available to them.
User avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Posts

7085

Joined

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:43 pm

Location

Sacramento, CA

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Mike Filigenzi » Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:I'm guessing they have a reputation around town, and have known enemies. So don't be so sure they don't carry, or at least, have one or two available to them.


That's a good point, Karen. They certainly seem like the kind of people who would make a lot of enemies.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Posts

26666

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Location

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Jenise » Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote:It just gets worse and worse!

Samy Bouzaglo, co-owner of Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro with his equally askew wife Amy, is apparently mired in ongoing "immigration court proceedings" that could result in his expulsion from the country.

http://gawker.com/infamous-kitchen-nigh ... -509282124 :mrgreen:


Entertaining article, and the comments from readers is even more entertaining! Like the guy who suggests that the restaurant serves as a money laundering venue, and that the reason Samy didn't allow anyone else to use the POS system is because he was entering a lot of bogus sales. Interesting!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Posts

7981

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:32 pm

Location

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Dale Williams » Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm

One would think that if someone was a money launderer, they wouldn't sign up for a reality show.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Posts

26666

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Location

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

by Jenise » Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Dale Williams wrote:One would think that if someone was a money launderer, they wouldn't sign up for a reality show.


You'd think.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign