Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

Bill Coleman

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Chicago, Illinois

Visiting San Francisco & Napa

by Bill Coleman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:18 am

In two weeks we are flying to San Francisco for a week. The main event is a wine dinner at the home of Jeff & Jodi Morgan (Covenant) on Sunday evening, June 23. We also plan to visit Hagafen and, we hope, drive down the coast to see Benyo at Four Gates.

Does anyone have any advice to offer on:

1. How to deal with food in the bay area? The restaurant situation looks pretty grim.
2. The best place in the area to spend shabbat?
3. Non-Jewish, non-wine related tourism ideas?

Thanks!
no avatar
User

Barry K

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:34 am

Re: Visiting San Francisco & Napa

by Barry K » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

reply withdrawn.. misread post ..
Last edited by Barry K on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Bill: The best place for kosher food in the North Bay area is the Shangri-La restaurant (vegetarian Chinese) on Irving Street in San Francisco. There is a new kosher resaturant in the South Bay but i have not been there yet.

If you are willing to eat in non-kosher restaurants I can make some recommendations if you tell us what your requirements are.

The area is packed full of general tourist items. Tell us whether you have been here before (if so, what you have seen) and how much time you have available. Also if you have any special or unusual things you would like to see or visit (particual shops, e.g.).
User

Andrew B

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:49 pm

by Andrew B » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Barry K wrote:suggest you contact Adath Jeshurun in La Jolla .. they should be able to provide you with up to date info addressing your Shabat and Kashrut concerns.
as to others dont miss visiting alcatraz
enjoy

Adat Yeshurun is in San Diego (La Jolla) so not sure what help they may be. My suggestion is to wait for David to post.
User

David Raccah

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 am

Bay Area, CA

by David Raccah » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Spoke with Bill - hopefully we are covered, but more ideas are always helpful. For now, Bill is thinking Monterrey/Carmel, Napa, and San Fran (AKA The City)
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.