Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Jenise's Pineapple Muffins

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Jenise's Pineapple Muffins

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:02 pm

A long time ago, Jenise posted a recipe for these to go with a Mexican Themed Brunch. I have to say, that this is the most used recipe that I have pulled from this site. Gene loves that I keep muffins and blueberry pancakes, home made and frozen for him to eat when he wants. The pineapple muffins are the easiest to make and therefore, the ones I make the most. I always use the basic recipe Jenise posted, with tweaks. This morning, I added the zest from one orange, cinnamon, almond extract, and sprinkled raw sugar over the top. Sometimes, I add nutmeg and vanilla extract, or maybe lemon zest. I have even put cinnamon chips or espresso chips in them. They are always great...so Jenise I have to thank you again for such a basic, easy and flexible recipe! :)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Jenise's Pineapple Muffins

by Jenise » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Why, thank you! Have to admit, I revert to them quite often too. I'm doing a Carribbean dinner later in September (for 80!) and am considering throwing in shredded coconut and calling them Pina Colada Muffins. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Jenise wrote:Why, thank you! Have to admit, I revert to them quite often too. I'm doing a Carribbean dinner later in September (for 80!) and am considering throwing in shredded coconut and calling them Pina Colada Muffins. :)

Hey, I like the coconut idea....another great suggestion for my tweaking.
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 pm

I've also made the muffins several times, however, I usually substitute peaches for the pineapple, add some cloves, bake it in a tube pan and serve it for dessert. Fresh peaches, which are in season here now, are the best, but canned peaches work well.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.