The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Sunday Chat

by James Roscoe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:07 pm

The last Sunday of August is here. School bells are ringing. The bells in my head are still ringing from MoCool. Please come back to Chat 'Winger! I want to see the rest of you as well. Here are the times when the fun gets started: at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. in the UK; 10 p.m. in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. in Finland and Israel; 6 a.m. Monday in Sydney and environs; and 8 a.m. Monday in New Zealand. I believe these are all corrected for standard time changes. If I am off, let me know. Please let me know when the time changes in your neck of the woods so I remember to make the appropriate changes.

The fun starts HERE!!!!!!!
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

Re: Sunday Chat

by JuliaB » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:10 pm

I assume I'm not the only one having technical difficulties with chat?

jb
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:22 pm

JuliaB wrote:I assume I'm not the only one having technical difficulties with chat?

jb

You are not the only one Julia. It seems that the MEEBO thingy that is installed is fighting with Java. Java always wins these fights, and the result is we don't get to chat. Not really sure what meebo does for the chat room. but if it is a few $$ I would be willing to chip in monthly. I believe this is the reason that Alex R is no longer with us.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

by James Roscoe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I had no difficulty getting in. When I do I usually just switch to a different browser. Google Chrome is best. Anders was in as well.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 pm

I use Chrome, JR. I could get in, but when I tried to enter a message it would tell me it was not connected to server. :x
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

by James Roscoe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I sent a note to Robin asking him to look at the problem. I don't know what else to do. :evil: :cry:
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I finally got there but only by jumping thru many hoops. Finally uninstalled and reinstalled Java. I had version 7 update 25, and removed that and then downloaded the same version/update. that seemed to work.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Hey, boys and girls! :mrgreen:

James referred me to this thread, and basically, as I told him, it seems that our current chat solution has gotten buggy and probably behind the times. Lots of people having problems with it.

There's no need to take up a collection ... I'm happy to pay for the chat room rent from the proceeds of forum adverts (including the dreaded Meebo), but I'm going to invite you folks to form a task force and get on Google in search of an affordable chat solution that's in the same price range of $10/mo or less. You find one that suits you all, I'll get it installed and paid for. I do think it's probably time to jump ship from Parachat, though.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 am

Robin Garr wrote:Hey, boys and girls! :mrgreen:

James referred me to this thread, and basically, as I told him, it seems that our current chat solution has gotten buggy and probably behind the times. Lots of people having problems with it.

There's no need to take up a collection ... I'm happy to pay for the chat room rent from the proceeds of forum adverts (including the dreaded Meebo), but I'm going to invite you folks to form a task force and get on Google in search of an affordable chat solution that's in the same price range of $10/mo or less. You find one that suits you all, I'll get it installed and paid for. I do think it's probably time to jump ship from Parachat, though.

Robin, I think the problem with Meebo is that it is unstable. Perhaps if they knew the effecft they could address the problem and that would likely solve problems for many others as well as we chatters. Don't mean to be picking at you.

Again I did get in yesterday, and the avenue I took that got me in was to rempove Jave using the control panel. I then went to the java download page and downloaded the current of JRE which is V7 Update 25. After installing that I went straight in. So, maybe the problem is that java is being corrupted by something, but the flag I got yesterday was that Meebo was not working. I just tried again this AM and got the same flag that indicates that Meebo is having problems.
Bob Henrick