The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Wednesday Chat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Wednesday Chat

by James Roscoe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Chat tonight! For those of you who may have forgotten, chat gets started around 9:30 PM for those of us on the east coast, 8:30 PM for those of you in Chicago and 7:30 in other parts of fly over country such as Denver. I guess that means 6:30 PM on the left coast. If my calculations are correct everyone in NZ needs to join us at 1:30 PM Thursday and Australia at 11:30 AM on Thursday for those in Sydney and eastern Oz. It will be an ungodly 3:30 AM in Israel and Helsinki, 2:30 AM in Paris, and Berlin, and 1:30 AM in London. Of course it is all worth the sleep deprivation. Come in early and see who is here. Don't be late!!!!! (I hope I have the time changes down.If not, let me know!)

And a note from our fearless leader:
James referred me to this thread, and basically, as I told him, it seems that our current chat solution has gotten buggy and probably behind the times. Lots of people having problems with it.

There's no need to take up a collection ... I'm happy to pay for the chat room rent from the proceeds of forum adverts (including the dreaded Meebo), but I'm going to invite you folks to form a task force and get on Google in search of an affordable chat solution that's in the same price range of $10/mo or less. You find one that suits you all, I'll get it installed and paid for. I do think it's probably time to jump ship from Parachat, though.

The fun starts HERE!!!!!
Last edited by James Roscoe on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

Re: Wednesday Chat

by Sue Courtney » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 pm

I don't have any problem with ParaChat using Google Chrome and IE10, and although my browser tells me running the Java application may pose a security risk I allow the app to run and it works fine. But I'm working on a project now and when I finish the project about the end of September, the clocks change to summer time and the timing will be all askew for me. So, as I won't be on chat again for a while, I'll let you regulars sort out a solution and hopefully it will work for everyone.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

by James Roscoe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Anyone coming in? It is getting dull in here by myself.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

by JuliaB » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Anyone coming in? It is getting dull in here by myself.

I'm sure it is. Unfortunately, I am still getting the error message that it is not "communicating with the server". I think it might be a problem with my settings, but who knows?

Was looking forward to seeing you all..

:(
JB
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

by James Roscoe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:01 pm

No one came to chat. Can someone look into the solutions Robin suggested?
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:27 pm

No chat reminder? I can actually access it now! I discovered I had viscous virus called "conduit" which overthrows the browsers then takes over the internet world in which you live. All fixed now, and I live to chat another day!

See you there..
JB