Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Calamari

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:23 pm

Calamari

by Thomas » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Always seeking a new way to cook calamari, I came up with this:

Saute in olive oil chopped calamari heads and tentacles with chopped onion, chopped green pepper, chopped garlic, and some hot red pepper flakes. About 8 minutes.

Stuff the above in calamari bodies, about 2/3 full, stick a sprig of thyme in each and squirt some lemon inside too.

Bake at preheated 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Remove from oven, douse each calamari with whatever juice is on the baking pan, additional olive oil, lemon zest and parsley.

Nice.
Thomas P
no avatar
User

Shaji M

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Calamari

by Shaji M » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:24 pm

That would go so well with some risotto or even with just some crusty bread! Are you sure you don't want to pour a little bit of Cointreau on it and...set it aflame? :wink:
no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:23 pm

by Thomas » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Shaji M wrote:That would go so well with some risotto or even with just some crusty bread! Are you sure you don't want to pour a little bit of Cointreau on it and...set it aflame? :wink:

I forgot to mention the Sercial, which I drizzled atop the calamari as an afterthought. No fire, though.
Thomas P
no avatar
User

GeoCWeyer

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:24 pm

WoodburyMN

by GeoCWeyer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Shaji M wrote:That would go so well with some risotto or even with just some crusty bread! Are you sure you don't want to pour a little bit of Cointreau on it and...set it aflame? :wink:

Love the idea!
I love the life I live and live the life I love*, and as Mark Twain said, " Always do well it will gratify the few and astonish the rest".

*old blues refrain